Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, please help!
DPF warning light came on dash a few days ago and has since gone off. However coil light has come on and has put the car into limp mode.
The only codes showing on the snap on diag is P246300 Diesel Particulate filter Soot Accumulation and P200200 Particulate Trap Bank 1 - efficiency under threshold. I have tried to do several forced regens on the diag tool but everything I try I has failed. Software will not regen.
Is this likely to be a sensor issue or straight to blocked filter?
TIA
Gareth

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the reply. It was either 0.32 or 32. What sort of figure would indicate that it's an issue? Is there only one sensor and if so Where can I find the part number. I'll happily change the sensor before I attempt to remove the DPF
thanks again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do a 70 mile round trip daily, but the car is now high miles at 155000 so I guess it's possible to be blocked. Having a nightmare

·
Registered
27 Posts
can you check on your car the particulate ash load limit?, I think I made a mistake telling you it wasn’t blocked. At 0.32 litres that would be 320 grams which would be near enough blocked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll check it again tomorrow and let you know. If its blocked would that stop a forced regen?

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Note too that you have two sensors on the DPF, one before and one after and the difference will then send the car into limp mode if it goes over a certain level. My Vito van did this to me recently. BUT the problem was actually one faulty sensor and NOT the DPF which was as clean as a whistle cos I only really use her for long trips.......

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
Ok and what results please mate........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, I ran the software again and have the following reading:
Measured Soot value - 31.69g
Calculated Soot mass - 35.45g

Would this stop a forced regen or could it be a faulty sensor?
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
You shouldn't need to remove the turbo to get the dpf off. The dpf usually initiates regeneration at 25g soot loading (which is around 40-45% loading). Even up to 75% percent soot loading you can still perform a forced regeneration. So at your current readings the car should be able to regenerate. In fact as soon as your start the car and it performs its cold start routine instead of going from 1000 rpm to 600 rpm it should settle at 800 rpm. This is how you know regeneration is taking place.

Have you still got lights on the dash?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, yes still got the coil light on and still in limp mode. Only the 2 DPF codes showing. Just says cannot start regen when trying to do it manually and running through the process (correct temp over 75 etc)
Is it a faulty sensor do you think?
It's a good job I don't need my car whilst in lock down ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts