Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys this is my first time posting here just to let you know. I have a 2014 audi a5 quatt ,ill post some pictures soon to show you guys what it looks like for fun i have recently added tons of stuff to the car and im really proud of how this thing is starting to look! Anyways i have a question regarding my tune and gas. I currently am running a performance downpipe with no cat or high flow just straight through. The cat back is custom because the stock catback was to a single outlet dual tip. The catback consist of one resonator in front of the axel into a y pipe going out to custom wald quad tips. The diffuser was tricky to find because i have a non s line and hated the rear design since i bought the car and there was a company in germany that made the s5 diffuser that custom fit my non sline bumper and mine is the first i have seen to get rid of that horrible rear valance look and design. Back to my topic im running a stage 2 IE tune on my car set to 93 oct and pop and crackles. I have the stock intake on still because from what i heard its the perfect design no need to change and i put a k&n filter on to enhance it . I also have changed my plugs recently to ngk iridium. That’s basically all i have done performance wise. Car has 46k miles so still fairly low i would say regarding its year. So recently i read running the flex fuel or e85 had some performance advantages and i saw the sticker on the cap of the gas tank every time i fueled my car and never really questioned it till one day. Did some reading and found IE hasn’t developed a tune yet for this car to run the e85 but i read for APR there tune switches between the ratings because they still run off of the stock tune when it comes to reading gas. So i thought i would i give it a try and post to see what people say. How bad could it be running my car on the e85 on a 93 tune? everything i have read seems to say its like running 100 oct. The car feel more responsive but the pops and crackles are muffled and sound very quiet almost like the little explosions are not fully ignited or soudns like it is bogging. But i definitely feel more bottom end.
Just curious to see what you all have to say about this idea and theory to the tune possibly or accidentally being able to run the flex fuel like apr.
What do you think? thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Wow sounds good GGFAAKK mate please tell us more about yer car, we want spec and of course some pics please! No idea about yer question but some experts will be along soon for sure.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 2014 audi premium coupe AWD/Quattro 2.0tsfi with flex engine
tuned for 93 octane pops and cracks
by integrated engineering.
(IE)

·
Registered
2014 A5 2.0T
25 Posts
hey guys this is my first time posting here just to let you know. I have a 2014 audi a5 quatt ,ill post some pictures soon to show you guys what it looks like for fun i have recently added tons of stuff to the car and im really proud of how this thing is starting to look! Anyways i have a question regarding my tune and gas. I currently am running a performance downpipe with no cat or high flow just straight through. The cat back is custom because the stock catback was to a single outlet dual tip. The catback consist of one resonator in front of the axel into a y pipe going out to custom wald quad tips. The diffuser was tricky to find because i have a non s line and hated the rear design since i bought the car and there was a company in germany that made the s5 diffuser that custom fit my non sline bumper and mine is the first i have seen to get rid of that horrible rear valance look and design. Back to my topic im running a stage 2 IE tune on my car set to 93 oct and pop and crackles. I have the stock intake on still because from what i heard its the perfect design no need to change and i put a k&n filter on to enhance it . I also have changed my plugs recently to ngk iridium. That’s basically all i have done performance wise. Car has 46k miles so still fairly low i would say regarding its year. So recently i read running the flex fuel or e85 had some performance advantages and i saw the sticker on the cap of the gas tank every time i fueled my car and never really questioned it till one day. Did some reading and found IE hasn’t developed a tune yet for this car to run the e85 but i read for APR there tune switches between the ratings because they still run off of the stock tune when it comes to reading gas. So i thought i would i give it a try and post to see what people say. How bad could it be running my car on the e85 on a 93 tune? everything i have read seems to say its like running 100 oct. The car feel more responsive but the pops and crackles are muffled and sound very quiet almost like the little explosions are not fully ignited or soudns like it is bogging. But i definitely feel more bottom end.
Just curious to see what you all have to say about this idea and theory to the tune possibly or accidentally being able to run the flex fuel like apr.
What do you think? thanks!
I just have one question mate where did you find that diffuser for your car we have the same car but finding that diffuser is almost impossible for non s-line please patiently waiting maybe a link will help also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts