Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone out there have any info at all on whether ( and if so when ) it will be possible to order an A5 2.0TDi in the UK? We have been hearing for the last 10 months or more that this is "coming" but we are still waiting !!!! This is extremely frustrating. I am lucky to have a company car - policy is all diesel however. I returned an Audi A6 in November last year and have been holding out replacing since then in the hope that a 2.0TDi would be available soon ( driving a temporary BMW 520 in meantime ). 2.7Tdi Co2's were too high for me but I've seen that these have reduced significantly now.

Also I understand Audi prices rising in July. I am considering giving up the wait and settling for a BMW 320d or an Audi A4 2.0Tdi S-line.

Any help / guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was after the A5 2.0tdi but after 5 months of waiting I couldnt wait any longer and went for the 3.0tdi quattro sport and absolutly love it:D

Dont know why Audi dont put the 2.0tdi in the A5 in the Uk, they use the 170bhp 2.0tdi in the tt in the uk and in Ireland use the same engine in the A5

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was after the A5 2.0tdi but after 5 months of waiting I couldnt wait any longer and went for the 3.0tdi quattro sport and absolutly love it:D

Dont know why Audi dont put the 2.0tdi in the A5 in the Uk, they use the 170bhp 2.0tdi in the tt in the uk and in Ireland use the same engine in the A5
Philip - if I understand you correctly - are you saying that it is already possible to order an A5 2.0Tdi - 170bhp in Ireland ?:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im going to Ireland tomrw for the weekend, might pop in and have a look, enquire about ordering and bringing a 2.0tdi home with me the next time I go. Flights to Ireland are only £10 return including taxes

·
Registered
337 Posts
Im going to Ireland tomrw for the weekend, might pop in and have a look, enquire about ordering and bringing a 2.0tdi home with me the next time I go. Flights to Ireland are only £10 return including taxes
Try to have a test drive and tell us what you think. I test drove the 2.0 TDI in the A4 and didn't like it ( too sluggish ). Not sure if it will suit the A5 ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats strange :confused: The A5 2.0tdi 170bhp has been listed on Audis July 2008 price list since the start of July and they'e just removed it. Wonder whats going on there then :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.