Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I own a 1.8T myself, and after the release of 2.0T A5 's, I am thinking not many firms are going to develop performance mods for our cars.

Have you guys checked the intake? It looks impossible to fit anything between the front of the car to the air inlet. The 2.0T in my friend's TT can do with a straight pipe; but not on 1.8T.

Another thing is that, please check the temperature of the engine bay. Just drive for about an hour or so and just "touch" the intake pipe. It's unbelievably hot! This is because the turbo & catalyst sits just below!!! It should be easy to develop a heat shield that can be installed under the stock intake for now.

The stock airbox sits on the chassi with 2 plugs, which could be used for stabling the heat shield.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Not many people have the 1.8/2.0 on here so can't really comment on them.

Because mods for the lowest of the low are only starting to trickle through, nothing is really showing up on these forums yet.

I'm hoping that more people will get the 1.8/2.0 and then post join the forums. If you look at the modding threads, everyone seems to be modding their TDIs or S5.

Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts