Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have the a4 2013 1.8 turbo. I just change the rack but now the steering doesn’t turn rigid in the S-Mode, and the audi shop told me that the car is ok. Before to change the rack the steering turned rigid in a S-mode. Can you please tell me what is the issue?

·
Registered
79 Posts

Probably updated your steering module. Before it was heavy steering in sport mode in 2013 models but after the update, there's no more heavy feeling but lighter/smoother steering. Some people like it, some people don't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I prefer the the heavy steering in S mode. How can to come back to have a more rigid steering in a S mode? Is it there something to do ro return this feature? os this means that my dyrect steering system is not working well because of the new rack? Also in the regular mode the steering is not light enough

·
Registered
79 Posts
I prefer the the heavy steering in S mode. How can to come back to have a more rigid steering in a S mode? Is it there something to do ro return this feature? os this means that my dyrect steering system is not working well because of the new rack? Also in the regular mode the steering is not light enough
Yeah, after the update people said they can't tell the difference between regular/dynamic mode steering anymore. You could try flashing an older firmware but not sure which the 2013 one is....

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Typical crap service from the official dealers then??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts