Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
854 Posts
Impressive! Is the S-tronic ok handling that much torque? And is it just the graph scaling that makes it look like power and torque climb so rapidly/steeply?

Regards

· Registered
854 Posts
Its a 6hp 28 box - comes on full power by 3k
2bar boost by 2.6k rpm
Oh, I saw a facelift interior gearknob and wrongly assumed it was an S-tronic. Still the old ZF has a torque limit lower than 1000nm? Not that it will insta-destruct at higher torque but still, you're confident this is safe for longevity?

Regards

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I saw a facelift interior gearknob and wrongly assumed it was an S-tronic. Still the old ZF has a torque limit lower than 1000nm? Not that it will insta-destruct at higher torque but still, you're confident this is safe for longevity?

Regards
ZF rate this gbox at 700nm but I've been at 980nm for around 2.5 years and now at 1080nm.
Confidence? umm unless it breaks we won't know the limit right so lets keep pushing

· Registered
2,355 Posts
Very nice work Bobby!!! (y)

Surprised the driveshafts aren't like drill (all twisted) :D

Reactions: bobby singh

· Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2 no more
510 Posts
haha lets I don't think its wise to launch it
rolling is fine I guess
And why not if you don't mind me asking ?
lol 😁
3000 rpm, traction control switched fully off, foot on the brake, Let go off the brake and wait for the loud bang/smoke lol.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And why not if you don't mind me asking ?
lol 😁
3000 rpm, traction control switched fully off, foot on the brake, Let go off the brake and wait for the loud bang/smoke lol.
Let just say a S5 with 500hp makes around 600nm, Im at 1100nm so its nearly double and I've twisted a propshaft with less torque.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.