Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just, two months ago, bought a 2013 S5 convertible and love it. The one thing I cant seem to get me head around is the boot release. Does it have an electronic boot release. There's no switch in the car that I can find (have read its on the drivers door, but nothing there) but there is a switch on the key fob. It unlocks the boot but doesn't raise it electronically. I only ask because the boot itself is really heavy and when shuts, if your in the cat at the time, with a really loud bang.

Any ideas?

Thanks
M

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Not sure why the convertible would be different, with maybe except the button on the driver's door? The button looks like a window button and is directly under the window buttons just above the front end of the door bin. You may not have one on the convertible for security reasons, but I'm sure it could be deactivated with the ignition off!? Also the button is inactive if the vehicle is moving.

Anyway, the boot lids on the A5 aren't powered like eg the A6 avant. They are spring assisted, so when the boot catch is released, it should spring open. Closing is a good old fashioned affair by hand an manually.

The big springs are behind the side panels in the boot. I can't see the cab having a non spring loaded boot, unless the hood mechanism etc prevents this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts