Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2014, S5 Cabrio, B8.5, Stage 1, multiple cosmetic mods
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After listening to a selection of exhausts, I've decided to buy the Armytrix system for my 2014 S5 cabrio. Need to wait a couple of weeks for it to arrive and while it does, I wanted to ask anyone who's had the system (or similar) fitted: how long should it take the garage to install?

I feel like I got a good price on the exhaust, paying significantly under what's on Armytrix's website, however the dealer/garage I'm buying it from have quoted a full day's labour, which even after a bit of push back comes in at over £400+VAT. Does this sound right? Only querying as the other garage (miles away) quoted a higher amount on the exhaust but £170+VAT to fit.

Thanks in advance :)

· Registered
Audi S5 sportback
329 Posts
I had a custom exhaust made and fitted in a day. A full day to fit seems excessive

Reactions: SabS5

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It says don't go above 4,000rpm with the valves closed on the exhaust's warranty and S5's peak performance is around 5700ish rpm. If you're flooring it then you're probably not caring about the neighbours and so should have it in auto/on.

· Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
977 Posts
Fine print on installation from Armytrix website does confirm not over 4k revs with valves closed.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My understanding is that the stock exhausts are basically just on an auto setting where the valves are closed unless you go into S transmission or go above a pre-determined RPM, at which point they open up, which then also enables the improved performance that you wouldn't get with closed valves.

Anyway, back to the initial question haha - how long do we think it would take to install one of these? I think it might be the cabling that's needed to the OBD port that takes longer, but a whole day for experienced mechanics with the proper equipment feels steep. At the same time, I think I'd want to get it installed at an Armytrix experienced garage as it doesn't look like a normal exhaust installation.

· Registered
564 Posts
I’d give the Armytix a big miss personally.

one of the guys in here, Tony. He had it fitted to his B8 S5 cab (V6) and it ate up loads of power. armytix didn’t want to know and he got it removed and went with something else.

personally, I cannot recommend AWE Tuning’s system. The BEST for the S5 in my opinion. I had the touring (res) on my S5 cab and it sounded amazing, I’m considering getting one for my B9 S5 cab.

· Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for answering my question... :)

Wasn't looking for advice on something I've already bought.
Oh sorry, didn’t realise you bought it already 😬

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.