Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a very frequent user of the windshield washer function, so it took a while to notice this. But just the other day, I followed a car through a puddle, cleaned the windshield, and got out of the car soon thereafter. Then I saw how much fluid was on my roof, and decided that the spray nozzles are a bit messier on my A5 than I'm used to. Each of the three jets hits right on the windsheild, but they also seem to make a ridiculous amounf of overspray.

I wanted to characterize this a little better, so I just went out to the garage to test out the sprayers. I gave a them good couple-second spray and then looked over the car. I had drops of washer fluid all over the sunroof, rear window, trunk lid, and rear quarter panels.

So about everyone else? Have you noticed similar sloppy behavior from your washer nozzles?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yup... I used mine the other day and the sprayer pretty much got the upper portion of the windshield and the rest of the car (roof, back window). Unfortunately, I had to spray again just to get enough fluid on the windshield itself to clean it... which unfortunately meant getting more on the rest of the car... again. :(

I wonder if there's a way to adjust the sprayer. :confused:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Mine is only 3 days old, and Phantom Black...so I have avoided using the washers (out damn spot!! :) ). But, I will most likely using them this week (rain possible).

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
With most cars you can adjust the direction of the nozzle with a pin. I'll have to check if this is possible later.

But yea, mine are VERY messy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Don't adjust them too low though. They are positioned to be used while the car is moving. The streams will be deflected downward if the car is moving forward. How many times have I been sitting at a red light with my "just cleaned" car when the guy ahead of me decides to clean his windhield, only to spray mine more than his! Just make sure that when you are up to speed, the fluid hits your field of vision, otherwise some dark dreary day your going to need a rinse and you won't get it. I'd rather wash the windshield by hand as needed, and have a good rinse as needed while on the move.

Is it really messier than other cars Dave, or are you like me, and enjoying this car more than your past cars, making you much more particular about its appearance. I am hyper-vigilant about this car. I went out to dinner with the wife and kids the other day. When I got out of the car I noticed a bird had left a present on the hood which was not there when we left the house to go there. I took the family in to be seated, went to the rest room to get some wet paper towels, went out to the parking lot and cleaned it off. I just want it to stay the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Have the same issue with the washers. Even worse, though, are the damn headlight washers! They spray the whole car! And who is kidding whom to begin with - like they are really going to clean the headlights significantly...or like they really need to be sprayed. Didn't like that function on my A4 and like it less on my black A5. You can't even control when it operates (every third windshield wash, I think...?). Wish you could turn that off in MMI or with VAG COM.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if the headlight washer behavior could be adapted in VAG-COM. But I don't have the feature to try finding a solution.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I also get a bit on the passenger window. None on the drivers window. Adjusting the aim may make them work a bit better. however most of the extra spray is the car being efficient threw the wind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts