Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've been after a pair of power folding mirrors for a while now, I found these on Ebay from seperate sellers but both were described as 'Power Folding' however they both have different connections (I thought maybe the blue ones may have something extra as they are drivers side but I just don't know) is there a way you can tell with out hooking them up, as I'm not ready to do that yet...

Regards,

Phil

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello everyone!

I've been after a pair of power folding mirrors for a while now, I found these on Ebay from seperate sellers but both were described as 'Power Folding' however they both have different connections (I thought maybe the blue ones may have something extra as they are drivers side but I just don't know) is there a way you can tell with out hooking them up, as I'm not ready to do that yet...

Regards,

Phil
I'm sure if you post some pictures of the connections someone on here will be able to help. Mirror retrofit topics are pretty common on here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As above pics would help us massively.When I did mine last year I did extensive research to make sure I got the correct ones.What I found out was that the power fold part of the mirrors have a blue and pink wire in the loom coming from the mirror.Some additional wires where on one of my mirrors that I bought and these turned out to be for the dimming mirror function.
Hope this helps(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Smurkenstein/Dadar
Wood Gas Bumper Flooring Cable
Vision care Eye glass accessory Bicycle handlebar Wood Eyewear

Sorry, I didn't realise I hadn't posted the pics! It's a good job you noticed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Those aren’t power folding from memory im sure its 16pin for powerfolding and auto dim etc.

those look standard heated, electric - one looks lane assist enabled also. Those are a pre 2012 mirror and a post 2012 mirror different shape and size. Not a true pair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that Seant155...

I guess I'll be giving the Sellers a bad feedback and a 1 star, hopefully they will refund me! But I'm not going to hold my breath!

Phil

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try paypal case if its mis sold mate, unfortunately speaking from experience its hard to get a full set for retrofit on ebay. Maybe better trying a breakers yard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts