Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I posted about changing the front indicators to LED globes to match the rest of the car. However, today, and I am not sure if this is me being paranoid, but I felt the mirror indicators were weak.
so I swapped the globes back to the halogen globes and tested. It looks the same to me, but I feel like they are generally quite weak

With the OEM set up:

All LED set up:

I cannot tell any difference between the above two, and maybe I’ve only noticed this today since it was in the sun and haven’t paid attention much to it before.
Illumination from the side corner where you can see the tiny bit on the corner (as a driver) remains the Samer’s far as I can tell)

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
Well take yer time cos you need to see how it works in the dark and morning and evening and stuff before you can really decide mate....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This video at 8:52 is making me believe that the mirror indicators are genuinely dull

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
This is normal. They are designed to be more visible from an angle, not head on. If you think about it, they replace the old wing mounted repeaters of older models, which were designed to make the turn signal visible from side on angles. All mine have been duller from head on when compared to about 45 degrees from front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Soldier

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes total sense!
Front on you’d be seeing the headlight indicators.

I wouldn’t mind a non-dynamic version of those aftermarket ones, they’re quite bright from the front. (I like dynamic in general but more for the fronts and back, and cannot be tack).
Although there are probably some laws about the placement of the indicators and not having too many in the forward facing region.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts