Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think APS would purchase my system for me and send up to Aberdeen??? dealers up here want to charge me 690 + for it and that not including fitting etc :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
What system would that be Jen ???

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I presume Jen means exhuast system? could be wrong.

I cant see them buying the exhaust and giving it to you, I'm pretty sure you can buy it directly from milltek. Anyway if thats what you mean.

I never could understand the scottish accent or women for that matter.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok boys not sure why you cant understand what i wrote but here we go again

Jen wants the milltek system for her car but has a problem i cant get to APS to receive the "group" buy discount to us as a forum.....

to get the same system direct from milltek is a extra 100 pounds. they wont give me the discount....!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Jen, why don't you try Star Performance in Kirkcaldy? It's on your way between Aberdeen & Edinburgh. Jim, the owner has an A5 3.0TDI with all the mods. He has a Remus exhaust set-up on his car, but could do Milltek.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Jen, why don't you agree a price with Ed @ APS (I assume it's his keen pricing that's attracting you?) and ask him to have Milltek deliver it to one of their agents local to you (maybe Star as I8TQB4IP suggests) who you can then negotiate a fitting fee with?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i dont see why i have to miss out on the great price because of my location seems sad :(

ill give Ed a call.

in regard to Star, i spoke to the gents wife who answered the phone when i mentioned Milltek she said that Jim would prob not recommend this system!!! which put me off striaght away. I have a garage up here that will fit it i just need to lay my hands on it without paying a increase.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That's bizarre as Star are listed on Milltek's website as a stockist!

They also seem to have another supplier in Fordoun - anywhere near you?

STUART COOPER MOTORS
1 OLD ABERDEEN ROAD,
FORDOUN
ABERDEENSHIRE,
SCOTLAND
AB30 1NU
United Kingdom

T: 01561320323
E: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:- Spoke to Ed and yes he is going to help me :) SuperEd to the resuce

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's bizarre as Star are listed on Milltek's website as a stockist!
Yeah i was chatting to Saj i think the phone just after i called and i was not to happy needless to say :(

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
they have maybe recently changed to another exhaust brand so wanting to push it instead?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Star does both, but the Mrs was meaning Jim didn't recommend it if you didn't want it louder but just wanted a more 'refined' sound. Although I have to say the TDI package price looked ok to me.

Jen, Drivers in Glasgow is also a Milltek supplier I believe, and you should see if they can sort you out if Ed can't.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Milltek vs Remus is an apples with apples comparison. The Milltek is a complete 1-unit cat-back system, whereas Remus is sold as 2 separate mufflers. Presumably some cutting & fitting is required with Remus .. and what would be the revert to stock situation?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Star does both, but the Mrs was meaning Jim didn't recommend it if you didn't want it louder but just wanted a more 'refined' sound. Although I have to say the TDI package price looked ok to me.

Jen, Drivers in Glasgow is also a Milltek supplier I believe, and you should see if they can sort you out if Ed can't.
the Mrs ACE! hehehe :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts