Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a little prompting, they are keen to be ahead of the game in offering S5 performance upgrades. Pricing is still to be confirmed, but I am also working on forum/group buy specific pricing from them.

Web Page:

http://www.autops.co.uk/html/audi_s5.html

Let me know on the thread in group buys if you are interested, so I can get best pricing for us! :cool:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's their newly released standard GB pricing:

- Milltek cat back: £749 INC VAT

- Milltek and H&R -25mm springs: £1050 Fitted INC VAT

- Milltek and 15mm rear spacers: £835 INC VAT

- Milltek, spacers and H&R springs: £1150 INC VAT

- H&R Springs and spacers: £400 INC VAT

- Sportec pedals: £235 INC VAT

- Sportec 20 inch MONO 10 wheel with Michelin tyres: £3700 INC VAT

- Remap: +20bhp and +15lbs/ft of torque including delimit. £500 INC VAT

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Is this available in the US????

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am specifically interested in the Sportec pedals and the remap. I am also in the US.
Is the remap a piggyback system, ECU programing, or what? I am interested if it is fairly non-invasive.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's the group deal right? Looks like a substantial saving - all prices are fitted, yes?
These are GB prices and include fitting. (I think these are really competitive)

I will discuss group buy to see if there's any additional discount.

:D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am specifically interested in the Sportec pedals and the remap. I am also in the US.
Is the remap a piggyback system, ECU programing, or what? I am interested if it is fairly non-invasive.
I don't know... you will need to ask them. email address is on the web page.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I can confirm that the above prices ar GB prices, including fitting. They are the best prices that APS can give and no further group discount will be available.

Therefore, go ahead and order your mods independently and make use of this aggressive pricing! Don't forget to mention the forum and 'Ian' though, as it may help us in the future!

Can I just state that the interest shown from this forum has driven these guys to 'want our business' and they called the suppliers, haggled best discounts and passed these on to us with reduced margins in order to be the most competitive and win our business. This shows the power of the forum!! :cool:

BTW the mods are also available for other A5 models.

Ian.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I can confirm that the above prices ar GB prices, including fitting. They are the best prices that APS can give and no further group discount will be available.

Therefore, go ahead and order your mods independently and make use of this aggressive pricing! Don't forget to mention the forum and 'Ian' though, as it may help us in the future!

Can I just state that the interest shown from this forum has driven these guys to 'want our business' and they called the suppliers, haggled best discounts and passed these on to us with reduced margins in order to be the most competitive and win our business. This shows the power of the forum!! :cool:

BTW the mods are also available for other A5 models.

Ian.
Nice one Ian, appreciate that, now just to get the insurance to agree to the mods. The Milltek price is excellent, was quoted £850 in Scotland for it. :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! :)

Good point about the insurance... In the past I've rung them afterwards... this time I'll call in advance!

Ian.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
SOL for the US.....:(

Dear Brian,

Thanks very much for your email.

Regrettably at the moment we do not have any agents in the US and it is not
cost effective for us to ship products over there.

However, there are possibilities for you to purchase both the Milltek and
Sportec product range from there US distributors.

For Sportec please contact:

GGI Sportec North America, LLC (GGI)
3333 Nw 97th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33172-1105
Phone +1 305 717 3133, Fax +1 305 599 3810

And for Milltek please see here:

http://www.millteksport.com/stockists.in.cfm?CountryID=127&Country=United States

I hope this is of help to you.

Best regards,

Ed Jackson
Partner

APS
Unit 8 Barrington Court
Buckingham Road Industrial Estate
Brackley
Northants
NN13 7LE

·
Registered
47 Posts
great thread this one,well done.
i am really interested in the mods from APS,would like to more info about them so gues i will give them a call,
insurance,,, i am with more than it is £837 a year full no claims 3 points age 35 ,i think that is a good price , however i have asked them to re quote if i have it remapped and they will not insure the car if performance is incresed, will wait for re,newal find new insurer and remap then....
the wheel spacers seem expensive at £800 from aps, assume all they do is get that back wheel out from the arch a bit as i agree it is to inset as standard????

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Colli, £800 is for the Milltek Exhaust AND Spacers. You are right, they are just aesthetic, as most of us feel the rear wheel looks too inset. The spacers alone, you can fit yourself, APS can supply, probably £50-70 give them a call... and mention me/this forum.

Remap, could be a problem with insurers.. I'm 38 and pay half what you do, so I would re-quote! Ask about remap at the time... of course, you could always go down the route of not declaring that, but it's at your risk, and potentially others, if your insurer won't pay if you seriously injure someone.

·
Registered
276 Posts
.....The spacers alone, you can fit yourself, APS can supply, probably £50-70 give them a call... and mention me/this forum.
Not true,I already asked that question and was told its still 100 supply only as they fit them for free. I previously got quoted 65 supply only by QST so if thats all you want there is an alternative.

·
Registered
47 Posts
cheers ian, would like to know who your insured with, it could be down to postcode possibly.... i tried to ring aps today but it must be there sat off..will try monday,i am thinkin of the spacers, pedals and exhaust, you may have seen the thread where i said i have been to blueflame exhausts,they quoted £600 for an individual custom cat back , said they could get it sounding like an aston,thing is i am concerned of sounding like a boy racer,so not commiting yet, i have heard the you tube milltek exhaust sound but for me i need to hear it in real life to be sure ,if any one has had a miltek fitted i would ntmind a couple of hours drive to meet and have a listen???perhaps aps will put me onto someone who they have fitted for to get me a listen.:also is the picture at the side of your id (ian) your s5 because that sits well, back wheel looks in the right place and it looks squat.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Colli... Esure/first alternative one or other is the broker, the other the insurer... and yes, it probably IS down to postcode as I live in sleepy rural rutland and now do less than 10k mile per annum. I used to do 20+ but now it's reduced, the insurance is £300 cheaper!

No, that's not my car in the avatar, just an artists impression of the forthcoming RS5. I will be picking my car up on Jan 25, and probably having springs, spacers and Milltek on Feb 1st if APS can do it that soon.

Like you I've been um-ing and ah-ing about the Milltek and then thoguht B**locks to it, there's only one way to find out! I might ask APS to hang on to the original for a few weeks incase I want it back!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Ian,
i have spoke to APS, i liased with ed, he was very friendly and obliging, i told him i had been talking to you via forum and that i am considering a number of mods, however i expressed concern in that until i see can see in the flesh the mods then not sure about them, he has an s5 in early feb having suspension ,spacers and pedals done, he has said i can go down to see it done and have a look around the workshop etc.think its having a milteck to. worth a day out inmy book..thing is having lowered cars before it can drasticaly change the look,, thus i want to see one lowered before doing mine...thoughts?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Regarding spacers...my brother told me that if you ordered aftermarket alloys with a different offset then the wheels will naturally sit close to the arch. Is this true and does it have same effect as having spacers?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts