Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would start a new thread now that the remap is officially available from APS, rather than continue to clutter the old thread. I'm sure the Mods will make the necessary adjustments should they not like this. :)

Anyway, some disappointment from today's trip to the rolling road for the dyno-testing on my car. :(

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the remap programmer was unable to get there, so we couldn't tweak the existing map nor reload the original to see what output I started with. However, the RR operator did run the car as it was, to see what the current output is.

The results were 266.3 bhp (at the fly-wheel) and 390 lbs/ft of torque. Not as high as I was expecting - especially as the standard (claimed) book figures are 236 bhp & 370 lbs/ft or 240 PS/500 Nm.

Conversion into other units:

266.3 bhp = 270 PS or 198.56 KW

390 lbs/ft = 528.77 Nm

Remember, these are the results from a basic remap and Ed at APS is convinced that there is more to come. We hope to try again in January - assuming we can get everyone together at the same time and place.

P.S. I came home via APS as I discovered a broken exhaust clamp which needed replacing and it was nice to bump into rino who was there having some work done. There was another A5 (Black - don't ask me which black though) parked outside which had had the Sport springs retro-fitted - Ed said the owner was a forum member. Anyone care to own up? ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hmmmmm..... That's a shame Reb, I was Hoping for More !!!!

Lets hope the New Year Brings some great improvements, otherwise i'll have to keep my Box On !!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I think your comparison is wrong.
There is big difference between power output that engine produces and that you get at the wheels.
Stock figure says 240BHP, but that is output of the engine and therefore it means that the power at the wheels is less, because you always don't get all the power engines produces. Stock power at the wheels would probably be 200-210BHP. If you now have 266BHP at the wheels that means that your power increased by 50-60BHP over the stock output and that is very good. That means that your engines now produces probably something around 300BHP.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So how does the car feel? Does it accelerate faster?

Can you please time 0-60(62),0-100 and 60-100. I really need to know these figures in order to decide if I should upgrade or not.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It has to be done

I am also very interested in this.

I have sent Ed an email but they are still on hols (and say they will not answer emails until the 12th January !!).

Having looked at the family finance over the next couple of years I have decided against changing cars for the time being (the credit crunch factor of paying down mortgages etc etc). I have a A5 3.0 TDi, loaded with 19's etc. It was going to be changed after two years (its 14 months old now). Anyway, own it 100% so feel I can do some mild tweaks now. Not into heavily modded cars but my other car is a PPP Sti so that is the level I am looking for......

So .... asked Ed about quote etc for backbox exhaust upgrade and Remap.

Not sure if I should go for the resonated version or not (I would like some more noise but I cover a lot of miles on the motorways and do not want a drone).

rgs

Mark

·
Registered
80 Posts
Reb.... any updates ?.... have you managed to get another remap in @ APS ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi guys , had mine done on Monday at APS, as REBA5 said in his post, the car feel much better around and more responsive, especially when i stick in to Sport mode. It feels crazy, u dont realised u hitting 3 figures. Overall am very impressed. I did have problem with mine because my ECU was another different version, but he did managed to crack it. But not had a chance yet to take it to the RRS, so i don't really know how much power it's pushing out. According 2 APS they say it should be atleast 280/90BHP and torque about 438lb, may be more.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reb.... any updates ?.... have you managed to get another remap in @ APS ?
Funnily enough I was talking with Ed at APS just this morning and we are trying to arrange another rolling road session for next week - assuming he can make the programmer (Gary) available.

I have to say that I am impressed with what Dbs2 is saying about the Sanspeed remap and I think APS would like to get some official figures on the street.

As I've mentioned a couple of times already, my A5 only comes out to play occasionally so I can't really offer any updates on performance etc other than what I've already posted. Rest assured though if Ed can get the roliing road session sorted for next week, I'll be posting the results here as soon as I get back home.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm heading south today for a rolling road session with the APS remap programmer. Hopefully we'll have figures similar to what dbs2 is getting from his Sanspeed remap.

Will update this evening once I get back home - assuming all goes well ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looking forward to figures Reb, as I'm interested in a remap myself but not sure where to go yet.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Great news Ed, sounds like a good map. And that torque figure sounds a lot more credible than some other recently quoted numbers - and safer, in the event that both numbers may actually be accurate!

What we need now is an APS vs Sanspeed 3.0TDi drag race. Maybe on Sunday 5th April, possibly at Santa Pod or somewhere.......

Come on Reb, you know you want to!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Great news Ed, sounds like a good map. And that torque figure sounds a lot more credible than some other recently quoted numbers - and safer, in the event that both numbers may actually be accurate!

What we need now is an APS vs Sanspeed 3.0TDi drag race. Maybe on Sunday 5th April, possibly at Santa Pod or somewhere.......

Come on Reb, you know you want to!
Hmmmmmm.... A Lot more Credible..... and Safer !!!! :rolleyes: :confused:

Now uploading Video taken of a couple of runs to Youtube, Will post in a Min or Two......... Credible <Walks off shaking head>

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
what kind of boost levels are the 2 maps running?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A5 3.0TDI APS Remap Dyno Results

OK Guys (& Gals if applicable),

The results are in - in first place - Barack Obama... OOPS sorry, wrong thread....

Firstly, I must say a big thank you to Ed at APS for organising the RR session(s), Gary for his efforts with the programming and finally to Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road for sharing some info regarding remaps/rolling roads and how to interpret the results (and how they can be misleading ;)).

The first set of runs we did were with the remap that Gary uploaded back on 15 December. If you remember, I said that it produced 266.3bhp at the wheels - well I was wrong, that was a fly wheel figure. I obviously misheard Charlie's answer when he replied.

Today's figures (all at the fly wheel) with the initial remap were 269.5bhp and about 410ftlbs of torque.

Gary then returned the ECU to stock and we did another set of runs. This produced 247.5bhp and 388ftlbs. Both these figures are better than published stock but as was mentioned at the time, I do have a Milltek so that has probably added a few bhp etc.

Finally, Gary loaded up a revised map and we did the final set of runs. The best run was 290.1bhp and 422ftlbs. Whilst the torque may not initially seem to match that of other efforts, it was explained to me how one could get higher figures - but I won't go into details on a public forum. In fact, Charlie 'acheived' over 500ftlbs of torque on my car - but it wasn't accurate.

OK, on to the chart...

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
To not highjack APS's thread I have uploaded my video's to here at the Sanspeed One.....

Great Results there Reb by the way - deano :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
That great news for me :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good News !

I have had some good feedback from Ed and am looking to do exhaust and remap in February. One thing i'm not sure I am clear about here, is the RR at the same venue as the remap / exhaust fitment etc?! I would assume that the RR is a defacto part of getting all this done, but a couple of you appear to have had this done without the RR available?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts