Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear all,

We have received quite a number of enquiries about remapping the 3.0 TDI A5 and I am delighted to be able to tell you that we will have a revised software program available very soon. In addition to this we will also be able to offer a Milltek cat back and turbo back exhaust system. The cat back version of the exhaust is currently in the very final stages of development and the Milltek A5 will in fact be here at APS this weekend for anyone that might like to have a look.

Pricing for the software will be approximately £600 INC VAT and expected gains are +50-55bhp and + 55-60lbs.ft. The remap is uploaded via the OBD port so there is no requirement to remove the ECU.

Milltek pricing is to follow soon.

Kind regards, Ed

·
Registered
103 Posts
im not that in tune with how the numbers translate in the real world, but dont these gains imply that a remapped 3.0TDI will be pretty much as zippy (maybe more even) than an S5?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not that in tune with how the numbers translate in the real world, but dont these gains imply that a remapped 3.0TDI will be pretty much as zippy (maybe more even) than an S5?
Ultimately probably not as fast but i suspect it would give one a good run for its money in certain circumstances :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thats some nice gains for the TDI. Nice one Ed.

MIght actually be able to keep up with the S5 to 60mph now, but I doubt it will keep up after that.

What I would be interested in is the in-gear figures from one of these re-mapped, in that department I could see it being as quick if not quicker. Wonder how much of a hit economy will take? Still be better than the S5 though :(

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Awesome News!

I know there's a lot of people on here waiting for the Milltek for the 3.0 TDi and with the remap too, this certainly starts to creep into S5 territory. :eek: Great too that Milltek are choosing to 'premier' their exhaust at APS on Saturday... I will feel priveleged to be one of the first to hear and see this. Will APS be remapping the APS car?

I know you guys work closely with Milltek, and it's testimony that those of us who can get there will be treated to this new product release and hopefully the Milltek R8 too!

Roll on Saturday!

:D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I will feel priveleged to be one of the first to hear and see this.
Ian, while there on Saturday, can you please see what details you can find out from them regarding when they'll have an exhaust available for the 3.2 petrol?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats some nice gains for the TDI. Nice one Ed.

MIght actually be able to keep up with the S5 to 60mph now, but I doubt it will keep up after that.

What I would be interested in is the in-gear figures from one of these re-mapped, in that department I could see it being as quick if not quicker. Wonder how much of a hit economy will take? Still be better than the S5 though :(
Thanks Saj,

Yes the in gear should be very good indeed. Economy should only be marginally affected from past experience but we shall see.

Kind regards, Ed

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome News!

I know there's a lot of people on here waiting for the Milltek for the 3.0 TDi and with the remap too, this certainly starts to creep into S5 territory. :eek: Great too that Milltek are choosing to 'premier' their exhaust at APS on Saturday... I will feel priveleged to be one of the first to hear and see this. Will APS be remapping the APS car?

I know you guys work closely with Milltek, and it's testimony that those of us who can get there will be treated to this new product release and hopefully the Milltek R8 too!

Roll on Saturday!

:D
Indeed Ian, we too are looking forward to seeing it.

We've not discussed software with Milltek as i think they are running one of the MTM plug in units but we will see. Either way we have a car ready and waiting to test.

I just hope that the sun is out on Saturday with all these lovely cars here!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Excellent news!! I may have to change my plans for Saturday and get down to Brackley to check out the 3.0 TDi Milltek and the remap!! :D

Now Dear, I'm just popping out for a while... won't be long...;)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
sounds great, look forward to hearing some reviews. no issues with the DPF?(i know some tuners are concerned with this)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
This is actually turning into a bit of a festival!!!

As that twat off The Apprentice would say - 'Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!'

Going to be a pretty good use of a Saturday, I suspect. Looking forward to meeting many of you for the first time (and other again!)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ed, What kind of tailpipes?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
hope they match the curve of the bumper like OEM

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well guys... I suggest that Ess5 brings his DELL laptop and the cable for his camera so he can post pictures and reports 'live' from APS on Saturday. :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Follows the bumper/diffuser profile perfectly... nice!
Yes it does! And from what I can tell, their tips appear to be slightly larger in diameter than the stock tips (or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part :) ).

I want one of these for my 3.2 petrol! I wish Milltek had one availabe NOW! :mad: I'd be all over it.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts