Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just verified with my dealer (HBL) that they got 2 whole S5 allocations yesterday (which I guess is more than some dealers.) 1 stick & 1 auto. I was hoping this would be a big allocation month to make up for last month. Guess not! He advised that they had 2 people drop off the waiting list but they were above me so that didn't help. So now I'm #6 overall & #3 for stick. Guess we'll see what happens on the next round!

Like everybody else, I'm curious what the Drive Select option is going to cost. Might need to add that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
so likely mine hasn't been pulled either.. i've thought about calling HBL a few times this week, but i honestly don't want to waste the time.. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm..I figured you or A5inReston had gotten one this month. At least we'll get an additional option or 2 if we want them for '09! Now I'm just shooting for before the next snow; which, seeing how it's April, seems reasonable :D . If HBL just gets at least 2 a month, 1 stick + 1 trip, I'm looking at October delivery I think. Even [email protected] used the word 'embarrassing' regarding the wait times.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is why when I went by and Joesph had a load Black A5 with Cin Brown Leather available I jumped on it and bought it.

everyday with the way the situation on the S's are going I am glad to be driving it even if it is not the fastest it is hot.

The day after bought the A5 went back and traded our Imola Red M3 in for a new TT coupe for Kristin.

I tried to make the best of the situation and only did a 24 month lease. And so far I am the first on the non-existant list for the RS5. At least according to the GM we'll see in a year an half how it goes. He says they only expect to get 2, maybe 3 RS5's if that so I figure hey 2 year waiting list why not.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It looks like I should have my allocation!! Just spoke to the dealer. ...Good guess Ian720.
It will be a 2009 and I will be able to keep the special paint and I asked for Drive Select to be added. No one knows the price for it yet, but I am guessing $3K or less.

As a 2009 and with the Tech Package, Side Assist is now included. I also don't know it that package will go up or not. I'm suspecting maybe $400 or $500 based on the stand-alone price for Side Assist. That was not a feature I was that interested in anyway.

I am not opting for Adaptive Cruise Control. Do not need or want it. I'd rather drive the car myself.:)

HBL has been doing a great job by me, considering the tight US supply. I hope you other guys can get some relief soon too.

I hope to have a build date in a few weeks. I'm guessing some time in June.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome A5inReston! Seemed like one of us should be up! Please keep us posted on the timeframes etc. as Bri and myself (& others using HBL) can probably expect the same.

I'm pretty sure I'll follow suit & get the Drive Select. Most of what I've read is quite positive. And my current car has the Adaptive Cruise & I find I rarely use it. When I do use it, I find it gets tripped up when I change lanes & it encounters a closing object therefore slamming on the brakes when I simply would have continued to the next lane & avoided all the drama. Kind of disconcerting & easier to just skip it. If you spend a lot of time doing cross country travel it might come in handy though.

Let us know how everything proceeds & congratulations!

·
Registered
182 Posts
october? i think? i honestly don't remember.. oct or nov is my order date..

i'm considering cancelling this and rolling into an RS5.. i could use the extra money in the meantime, honestly..

·
Registered
341 Posts
The original order went in before October and was switched to an S5 in December.
I have not heard anything about S5 2009 model availability through the remainder of the year. If the issue is Dollar-Euro related, I do not see much relief there for some time. If it is production related, I would think they could ramp that up, but who knows.

As you say Ian, if they can hold to 2 allocations or so a month you may be lucky for the fall timeframe. Not a bad idea to get in line for an RS5 either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My order was entered in January. I kept thinking that the allocations would ramp up but its never happened. They just kind of leak out every month if that. I imagine that MY2009 will be more of the same for the S5. We'll see what happens!

·
Registered
182 Posts
turns out i was allocated in june - good thing i called HBL as they didn't call me.. i have to wring the details out of my sales weasel, but he left a return message with an anticipated delivery date of 10-13, so we'll see.. what pertinent information should i ask for from him?

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
BRI
Ask of the production / build week and release date to the dealer. This will give you a better idea....time wise:cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ian
Its seems that there are several of us in the DC VA MD are waiting on cars. I ordered from my dealer in Dallas as they give me the best deals. (this is Audi #6). Also, the dealers that are bigger and sell more cars have more allocations. I read on the AW, all of the dealers received letters advising of allocatiions for the year. :D

http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/32506.phtml

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
turns out i was allocated in june - good thing i called HBL as they didn't call me.. i have to wring the details out of my sales weasel, but he left a return message with an anticipated delivery date of 10-13, so we'll see.. what pertinent information should i ask for from him?
Bri- Congratulations! There's not a lot of info available from the dealer other than what's on the computer. Of course, we're all still waiting on pricing for the '09s right now. The various dates on the computer start to fill in within days/weeks of getting an allocation. The dates show estimated build week, inspection, ship load, port arrive & delivery. They tend to move around a lot though; both my and A5inRestons' dates have moved around some. I guess you're moving ahead with the S5 purchase then?

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah, the situation is not as dire as i may have made it sound, i just tend to freak about large, frivolous purchases such as this.. assuming the missus still allows me to get it, ima get it.. also assuming they order it correctly (i'm 1 for 2 in getting audi orders correct)..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bri- Alright then. One thing you should do right away before they lock your order. Get them to email a copy of your order so you can check it & make sure the options/colors are what you expect. Also, if you want to add or change anything, do it now! (ie. like add Drive Select.) The allocated to locked timeframe seems to vary, but mine locked within a week of being allocated according to my salesman.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i'm paralyzed by choice - i have no idea if i should go for drive select or what.. and now with rumors of audi exclusive or whatever i think my brain is broken.. i'm thinking i'll stick to meteor/magma/tech/nav/b&o like i fell in love with and end it there.. it may be too late to change anyhow, i'll call today and see if i can get an answer that gives me any shred of confidence.. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts