Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Many years ago I had an S5 and then sold it, but always loved it and went back to a b8 s5 with APR supercharger.

What maintenance is required with this?

I called APR and they said listen to make sure pump is pumping after car is off and check coolant levels in APR cooler at every oil change?

They also said be more aggressive on service. What does that mean? I do 5k oil changes?

If anyone has this and has clarification, please let me know! I love the speed of this car with the S/C!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Aggressive on service just means more often than the standard schedule. 5K oil changes already are aggressive but it applies to other engine-related items too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Spark plugs should also be checked every service I would suggest.
I also have the blue top reservoir that holds the fluid for the charger. That needs to be checked every so often, but note that it's pressurised, so it will need to be bled when done..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have the blue top reservoir that holds the fluid for the charger. That needs to be checked every so often, but note that it's pressurised, so it will need to be bled when done..
What do you mean "bled when done." I assume you want the reservoir always full of audi coolant and never empty. My reservoir is black with a black knob and not blue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
so, when I first got the car, I was filling up the coolant... then when I took it to my normal guys, they told me that it needs filling up from time to time, but that it was pressurised. There is a 'bleeder' valve on the back/side of the supercharger. So, I wasn't there when they did this, but they told me not to take off the blue cap anymore... They then used some sort of vacuum then 'bled' out the air..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
On the S5 V6 supercharger, there are 2 bleed screws for coolant at the back, one for each 'bank' charge cooler.

A vacuum fill tool is normally used for all cooling systems when refilling.

I bleed these by pressurising the system, then unscrewing the bleed screws to let any air/coolant out. The system on the V6 shares the engine coolant which pressurises each time the engine warms up. :)

I would guess over time, depending on the cap etc, the pressurised air would escape?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed APR and hopefully someone will give me a definite answer. Was there an instruction manual that came with this? Anyone have a copy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts