Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Apple CarPlay

1398 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  dkennedyvxt
Morning all,

Week 2 of S5 ownership and have managed to work out how almost everything works. I can't get carplay to work though. I thought perhaps that my car wasn't compatible? (2017 S5?) However in the AUDI SMARTPHONE INTERFACE section of the MMI, I see the previous owers phones listed i.e. 'JAKES iPHONE - CARPLAY' and 3-4 other phones with the word carplay next to them.

I have an iPhone X

To connect I've tried:
  1. Making sure wifi and Bluetooth are turned on
  2. Pressing the voice button the steering wheel and checking the carplay section of the phone - It looks like it's searching on the iPhone but can't see the car
Any advice very much appreciated.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Using the phone 'normally' e.g. to make calls, I use bluetooth. To get other things like Goggle Maps and BBC Sounds working, the MMI asks that the phone is plugged into a USB port. I then have to tap on confirmations on both the MMI and the phone before things work. I can then listen to BBC Sounds and navigate using Maps, which avoids being taken down single track roads as happens with Audi navigation 馃檮
Using the phone 'normally' e.g. to make calls, I use bluetooth. To get other things like Goggle Maps and BBC Sounds working, the MMI asks that the phone is plugged into a USB port. I then have to tap on confirmations on both the MMI and the phone before things work. I can then listen to BBC Sounds and navigate using Maps, which avoids being taken down single track roads as happens with Audi navigation 馃檮
Thanks Davo. I'll give that a go. might be that the USB cable I used is 'not standard apple' and hence causing issues.
Soooo looks like it was my aftermarket cable. I bought an Apple Certified one and now have access to Car Play :) Thanks again
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.