Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you look in your rear view mirror are the head lights of the cars behind you through the rear window blurry and distorted?

Not really sure how to put it but it's rather annoying

thx

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had this problem on my mazda 3 a few years ago. Very annoying. The dealer did the tint so I had them redo it. They said it was because the tint didn't dry properly and that I should put the rear window defroster on a lot for a few days after the tint is done. The second tint was a lot better but it still wasn't perfect.

I'd get them to do it again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I just talked to a friend and he said it was like that for him as well but after a few days when it dried up it was ok. I just got it done today but I don't know much about window tints so I wasn't satisfied.

Since I got the warranty I'll wait a few days and see how it dries up, if not I will go back and have it done the right way.

Thanks for your response :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh, yeah I didn't realize you just got it done today. It should go away. With mine it was like that even after a few months. Just put the defrost on and it should clear up in less than a week.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Tinting is limited.

Here in most states, tinting is not allowed on the windshield, the driver and passenger's window and the rear window. That would leave those tiny rear-side windows as the only area left to tint and I have to agree with that. First of all when police officers approach the car they can't see into the driver's window to check out if the officer would be in peril. Secondly, when you see a neat car and want to check out the driver, you can't see if they are a sharp looking chic, or some guy who you don't want to check out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol! That's why i got 30% all around, it's legal, gets the heat down inside significantly since I'm in FL (you're in AZ so I imagine it's hot as well) and it's easy to see through if you or a police officer needs to.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Pete - I assume they took some serious precautions in the rear right area? Hell, dealers aren't even comfortable doing this yet!

Can you post some photos so that I can see what my car is going to look like? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts