Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the 335i coupe and the A5. We can drive 335's anytime we want, but would love to take a spin in an A5 before placing an order (and spending $50k and waiting for months). Obviously the dealers haven't had one for months

Anyone with an A5 willing to take me (well likely my wife since the car would be for her) out for a spin?

Thanks!

(I posted this in the midwest forum, but it's a ghost town in there ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have both and love them equally, but for different reasons. Style/looks/ride/quality the A5, hands down. Dynamics/power/soul the 335i has the clear edge. If you're ever in SoCal you are welcome to try them back-to-back. S5 or M3???? here we go again.......why is life so cruel!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
hey goofy, just sent you a PM.

BTW, in order to keep from having duplicate threads, I'm deleting your other thread and moving this one (since avus already replied) to the Midwest section.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looking at the 335i coupe and the A5. We can drive 335's anytime we want, but would love to take a spin in an A5 before placing an order (and spending $50k and waiting for months). Obviously the dealers haven't had one for months

Anyone with an A5 willing to take me (well likely my wife since the car would be for her) out for a spin?

Thanks!

(I posted this in the midwest forum, but it's a ghost town in there ;-)
University and Boardwalk both have A5's on the lot that you can drive. They can't sell them because they belong to AoA, but they are there so you can drive them. Just a little hint of advice, both places "hide" the A5 on the weekends because they don't want to waste time test driving a car that you cannot buy. If you go on a weekday though, you will find them. I think both of them are Meteor Gray, University's has the S-Line package. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmm... I was at Boardwalk on Wednesday and they only had a sold used S5 (that they'd sold on Ebay for some high amount for a car with 10k miles) that I could sit in, but not drive.

I'll ping the sales guy again.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You're right. I went by both dealerships today and I didn't see the A5's I was talking about. I wonder if they had to give them back. Boardwalk has a phantom black S5 that is unspoken for and University has a Brilliant Black A5 and Phantom Black S5 that are unspoken for. If you call ahead and want to come all the way down to Dallas, you can probably drive it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Frisco isn't all the way to Oklahoma, but going to Dallas isn't too bad.

We don't want an S5 simple due to the added cost and MPG. She really does not care about extra power :)

I think that the A5 that University has is an auto. TXCarGuy's dealer said that they have a fully loaded A5 (with auto).

We want stick. :/ Picky picky, eh? :D

Thanks for doing the check and reporting back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK got to spend some quality time in the A5 that University has on the showroom. Even took a short test drive.

For me, the seats are great, I love the look and man, the features are neat (putting the volume knob and all the other controls by the shifter, GENIUS!).

My wife, not so much. The seats are fatiguing to her back because they don't fit right.

No A5 for us. :(

So anyone looking for an A5, fully loaded, University Audi has one black on black (s-line).

·
Registered
432 Posts
OK got to spend some quality time in the A5 that University has on the showroom. Even took a short test drive.

For me, the seats are great, I love the look and man, the features are neat (putting the volume knob and all the other controls by the shifter, GENIUS!).

My wife, not so much. The seats are fatiguing to her back because they don't fit right.

No A5 for us. :(

So anyone looking for an A5, fully loaded, University Audi has one black on black (s-line).
WHAT!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me? She doesn't like the seats? Did she try to adjust them? What else are you looking at? (I'm talking about the car here......... ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She likes the sport seats in the BMW. Mostly due to the lumbar and bolster control.

The S-line seats in the A5 are quite cushy (for a "sport" seat) with limited lumbar range (basically she runs lumbar at uncomfortable to everyone else levels) and due to her back issues it's a no go.

Heck after we left, she said that my Recaros would be perfect if they had a manual lumbar bar on them.

(these are MR seats which are the same structure, just in leather rather than cloth like mine -- which I prefer since the leather is too slippery for spirited driving)

Honestly I think that the $8,000 price difference between the loaded A5 and the fully loaded 335i likely is influencing her choices. The cost difference becomes even bigger when considering the financing options that BMW is subsidizing on their cars right now. There are no lease rates yet for 09 A5s and finance rates through the dealer are a laughable 6.9%. Through Penfed they just went up to 4.5% (which is ok, but compared to the 0.9% offered by BMW over 60 months you're talking thousands).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts