Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i am going mad, unless anyone on here can help. I saw Balck S5 (I think) seriously I went up and saw these close up cos they looked so nice. It was black but had satin silver side skirts (same as mirrors) - is this an option or will someone have had these painted up - trust me they made a massive difference

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That was probably custom paint job on the side skirts that the owner did after taking delivery of the car. Even with the "Audi Exclusive" exterior/interior custom color choice options (available in some countries), I doubt Audi would allow customers to pick and choose which individual exterior components they want to have painted a different color.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If they are the same color as the exhaust valance it could look nice.

Jarod.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think i am going mad, unless anyone on here can help. I saw Balck S5 (I think) seriously I went up and saw these close up cos they looked so nice. It was black but had satin silver side skirts (same as mirrors) - is this an option or will someone have had these painted up - trust me they made a massive difference

You dont have a camera on your phone? Sounds interesting and I would have liked to have seen that....

·
Registered
149 Posts
You dont have a camera on your phone? Sounds interesting and I would have liked to have seen that....
+1 Sizzle that would look sweet on your car

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I would really like to have seen this. Was the ENTIRE side skirt finished in satin silver?

I'm not sure if that would really be to my taste ? Maybe it has to be seen in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know what I saw - its like seeing a UFO...so I am just going to have to have them done and put onto mine and then will post pic - but yo will all have to be patient as get car in a few weeks yet

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think silver skirts would look cheap, theres enough silver on the car already. I appreciate its personal choice and I'm not always right, but I am this time ;) :cool: Its not an SUV, if you want the skirts to look like steps go ahead and paint them !!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think silver skirts would look cheap, theres enough silver on the car already. I appreciate its personal choice and I'm not always right, but I am this time ;) :cool: Its not an SUV, if you want the skirts to look like steps go ahead and paint them !!!
I think you're right on this one....

·
Registered
97 Posts
+1

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Are those ones done the same finish as the Y's ??

·
Registered
58 Posts
feedback on painted skirts

Hmmmmm.... Are those ones done the same finish as the Y's ??
yes they are, i took the risk in doing this and here is my feedback

1 - up close i dont dig it cause youre viewing the skirts from above and they look kind of flat.
2 - If you like a clean look on your car dont do this, cause it does stand out.
3 - Further away it looks much better (e.g. car driving from the other lane, as you can see the blade like shape especially when there is sun reflection
4 - I still need more shine out of it cause it still looks plastic in the shade so i am most likely to foil it to get better metal effect.
5 - I did this today and so far i got 3 compliments on the skirts and couple of cars slowed down to check it out, this will always be ugly for some and nice for others but definetly a head turner.
6 - I will take high res pictures tomorrow with a real camera that can better capture color than mobile cams

I hope this helps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts