Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for this thread, about to pull trigger on a 218q, coming from a mapped ~380hp S3 so it's going to be slooooow but that's kind of the point, wafty instead of race... but ~300hp / 500lbft+ would be nice, if the gearbox can handle it. Audi do a tiptronic (?) 286hp version of the A5...but there's none for sale and haven't been for some time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stay away from the 218hp model with a DL382 totally useless gearbox and slips very easily
Bit late for that, lol

In the end I had mine tuned to 285hp and 520nm to stay on the safer side. I also did the gearbox tune at the same time for the low speed gear change lag issue, where they increased the clutch pressure and have absolutely no issues at all.

It feels good too (probably not like an S3) but definitely has poke now, which the 218hp definitely lacked.
Sounds good, who did it and how much did it cost overall? I've heard the TCU is a must have to stop the jerkiness, but honestly I've had 9 s-tronic/dsg audis now since my first lava grey 2003 a3 and despite manual purists whining about the box, i've never had issues. Yet I've gone through 5 clutches and in one manual Ford the gear selector disconnected itself deep in the bowels of the gearbox LOL My b9 a5 2.0 tfsi s-tronic wasn't too bad either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, Barnsley not too far away so when the warranty runs out next year I will prob go to them. Did they have a consensus on the gearbox? Because in their video they show it hitting 400nM then flatlining and they just left it at that... do they not change the clutch packs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts