Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2017 B9 A5 Sportback Quattro F5A with the 218 3.0 TDI engine and DL382-7Q s tronic gearbox. The gearbox is rated at 400Nm torque which is the stock output. The engine is basically the same as the 272, but that one is paired with a multi tronic gearbox that can handle more torque.

I’ve done a load of research and can’t find too many people that have done a remap. There are a few and Darkside had a front wheel version at 300hp.

Does anyone here have the same engine gearbox and done a remap?

· Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
977 Posts
So I have a 2017 B9 A5 Sportback Quattro F5A with the 218 3.0 TDI engine and DL382-7Q s tronic gearbox. The gearbox is rated at 400Nm torque which is the stock output. The engine is basically the same as the 272, but that one is paired with a multi tronic gearbox that can handle more torque.

I’ve done a load of research and can’t find too many people that have done a remap. There are a few and Darkside had a front wheel version at 300hp.

Does anyone here have the same engine gearbox and done a remap?
Remapped mine with DC remapping in Warrington, has a 4 wheel dyno aswell

got 310bhp and 600nm of torque. They give you a readout before and after on a rolllling road dyno 🏎💨

Incredible difference !

S tronic and Quattro makes a huge difference too 👍🏻

Go for it!

~Alex

· Registered
977 Posts
Thanks Alex. Were you not worried about the gearbox limits?
I looked all over the forums and a lot mentioned about the S tronic being able to withstand up to 600nm for this gearbox, but other websites I visited for my car also came up around the same torque measurements!

Celtic tuning does a remap and well renowned for work with VAG remaps and they also had very similar performance gains.

I’ve driven around 1000 miles or so and can confidently say, it’s a huge difference but then again I have no idea about reliability as my car is quite low mileage, so only time will tell!

~Alex

· Registered
2 Posts
Remapped mine with DC remapping in Warrington, has a 4 wheel dyno aswell

got 310bhp and 600nm of torque. They give you a readout before and after on a rolllling road dyno 🏎💨

Incredible difference !

S tronic and Quattro makes a huge difference too 👍🏻

Go for it!

~Alex
Hi Alex,

Good figures from the remap!

What was your mpg like before and after the map?

Cheers!
Adam

· Registered
977 Posts
Hi Alex,

Good figures from the remap!

What was your mpg like before and after the map?

Cheers!
Adam
So I use the Fuelly app and my average MPG before remap was 36.9 miles (Uk) to the gallon.

AFTER remap:
38.35 Miles to the gallon.

Not really increased much. Both were driving a good mix of both highway and town driving. But performance has undoubtedly increased substantially for a teeny mpg gain!

But the results of a custom made map for you car speaks volumes let’s be honest.

Hope this helps!

~Alex

· Registered
977 Posts
Sure I done a A7 with a DL501 gen 2 (stronic) to 830nm

Another S tronic to 920nm Gen 1 with a hybrid:

The one I’ve got is the DL382, any info on the inside by any chance? I was under the impression under 600nm …

~Alex

· Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for this thread, about to pull trigger on a 218q, coming from a mapped ~380hp S3 so it's going to be slooooow but that's kind of the point, wafty instead of race... but ~300hp / 500lbft+ would be nice, if the gearbox can handle it. Audi do a tiptronic (?) 286hp version of the A5...but there's none for sale and haven't been for some time.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In the end I had mine tuned to 285hp and 520nm to stay on the safer side. I also did the gearbox tune at the same time for the low speed gear change lag issue, where they increased the clutch pressure and have absolutely no issues at all.

It feels good too (probably not like an S3) but definitely has poke now, which the 218hp definitely lacked.

· Registered
16 Posts
Stay away from the 218hp model with a DL382 totally useless gearbox and slips very easily
Bit late for that, lol

In the end I had mine tuned to 285hp and 520nm to stay on the safer side. I also did the gearbox tune at the same time for the low speed gear change lag issue, where they increased the clutch pressure and have absolutely no issues at all.

It feels good too (probably not like an S3) but definitely has poke now, which the 218hp definitely lacked.
Sounds good, who did it and how much did it cost overall? I've heard the TCU is a must have to stop the jerkiness, but honestly I've had 9 s-tronic/dsg audis now since my first lava grey 2003 a3 and despite manual purists whining about the box, i've never had issues. Yet I've gone through 5 clutches and in one manual Ford the gear selector disconnected itself deep in the bowels of the gearbox LOL My b9 a5 2.0 tfsi s-tronic wasn't too bad either.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts