·
Registered
109 Posts
i bought mine from North carolina
and i live in virginia
i paid them the sales tax for VA
they did the registration and mailed me the plates
i flew down and drove it back up
if i was going to ship it it was going to be 825$ in an enclosed truck or 300 in an open truckthe shipping company is called Dependable Auto Shippers http://www.dasautoshippers.com/
it really was easy
i realised it was going to be hell to try to order one from here
all the dealers are arrogant. "oh you're not going to be able to get an A5 for at least 6 months" blah blah blah
found the exact car i wanted in Florida, Santa Barbara, Ca and North Carolina
so i went and got it and then passed by the local dealer and told him look
it only took a few days :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered mine from AZ...

Hey Enginea...

I see you're in LA so I'm assuming you're in the same boat I was...namely, dealers in LA Metro area trying to screw you with crazy market mark-ups and limited inventory.

The dealers without inventory all said soonest available for 2009 was February so I went to Audi Chandler in Arizona...I'm (hopefully) flying out mid-August to get my 09 and driving it back...had to put $3K down and will likely pay MSRP but nothing over that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey sundevilmike,

Thanks for the reply...yup im in southern cali too.
February '09 is damn too long to wait.
I actually wont be ready to purchase for another 2 months or so, but dont want to wait too long.

Do you have a resource where you found the car in arizona?
Only place I know of is cars.com.
I plan on leasing thru my business, so I might go through leasecompare.com, but there are no damn prices for '09 yet, so they havent posted their deal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You may want to try Audi Henderson in Nevada:
http://www.audihenderson.com/Audi/fusebox.cfm?fuse=new_cars&make=Audi&model=A5

I don't know if the listing is a current inventory, or if one of these cars would even be a configuration you would want, but it's worth a call. It's a new dealership (opened last fall), but part of a large, reputable dealership family in Las Vegas. Ask for Joe. He sold me my A5 -- really nice guy. They were selling A5s at MSRP, not above; I don't know if that is still the case.

BTW, are you originally from MA (or elsewhere in the northeast)? Your name makes me curious. "Engineea" = engineer with the dropped r?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info...I will check them out.
I actually saw Downtown L.A. just posted 2 new A5's, but I'm looking for a black S-Line with all the goodies.

And to fulfill your curiosity, I'm born and raised in southern cali...but yes, the name is a play on 'engineer'.

·
Registered
109 Posts
you also want a black s-line :)
thats what i got, black s-line with 6 speed manual
premium,and B&O
actually i am considering selling it
not sporty enough for me
thinking of getting new M3

you want to know how i found this one?
autotrader
i searched within any miles from my location
basically i searched the entire country
i found over 150
i also checked cars.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
AZ...

Engineea...

I didn't actually "find" the car anywhere since I am having it custom made...I did run searches on Autotrader and cars.com prior to ordering one custom made, but it seemed none of the cars turning up had the exact options I ordered...I figured if I'm dropping $50K on a car, it better damn be the exact car I want!

I called AZ Chandler and Scottsdale out of the blue since I used to go to school out there and know that the demand would be less than in LA. I stumbled upon a great sales guy (ask for Phil at AZ Chandler) who happened to have allocation left...

If you're not ready for a few months anyway, you might want to call now since you'll likely have to wait if you don't place an order soon...

BTW, screw the guys at DTLA audi...they were one of the dealers who turned me off to the LA market...if you look at their site right now, they show the A5's MSRP as being $5K less than asking price and that's on 08s. Those things will LOSE $5K from MSRP once 09's come out in a month...

·
Registered
109 Posts
well if you want S-line there isn't much to "custom" order
it boils down to if you want to add the nav and tech or not

and if you want it with everything, that's much easier to find
it ook me awhile because i didn't want the nav
and all the ones i found had it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the input guys..

ya, i figured since i want an s-line, and im paying so much, i just want to get everything.
it's gotta be harder if you are picking and choosing add-ons.

the issue is there a couple in my area 2 months ago when i wasnt ready to buy and now there are none. And still waiting on 09 prices so i can try to order through leascompare thru my company...but nothing yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try Walters Audi & Porsche - Riverside California

engineea,

You don't need to put up with the dealers in L.A.! :confused:

:rolleyes: Contact Cole Watson, he has handled every aspect of my order on my S5.
He is knowledgeable, ethical, and most of all provides you with an exceptional buying experience. Kudos to Cole, he makes you feel right a home.

Here is his contact information...

Cole Watson
Walter's Automotive Group
951-354-4219
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
750 Posts
^^^thanks man..i really appreciate that.
since i will have to order, its great to get advice on who is good to work with during the order process...i will give him a buzz.
Sorry for the late jump-in here, I bought mine from out-of-state, I live in Texas the car was from Maine.

Paid sticker for the car, plus got a package deal on priceline for plane, hotel and rental car for $425 to fly up and test drive the car, InterCity lines delivered it in 4 days (after pickup) and it was all enclosed transport for $1500 (delivered about 1300 miles). Paid tax in TX.

Waited about one week because the car was already in the US (no order/wait required).

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.