Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a milltek non-resonated exhaust system and I am contemplating getting AWE downpipes. I just wanted to know if anyone has any footage of the sound that this would produce to determine if its worth spending the extra money.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I deleted my vid when I got the GMG, but I thought it was a terrific sound. Cabin drone is increased above 3k rpm, but you get used to it.

I would do it again for sure.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you keep the stock Cats or what kind of cats did you buy?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Stock cats....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you do the downpipes and exhaust all at once or did you do an exhaust and then downpipes. I am asking because I have the milltek non res exhaust already on and it sounds great but I wanted to know if there was much of a difference by adding downpipes if you did the mod in two phases.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Did you do the downpipes and exhaust all at once or did you do an exhaust and then downpipes. I am asking because I have the milltek non res exhaust already on and it sounds great but I wanted to know if there was much of a difference by adding downpipes if you did the mod in two phases.
I had the non-res exhaust on initially, but wanted some more grunt so I went with the downpipes. Drone above 3k rpm increased, but it remained quiet at idle and during normal driving. Once opened up however, a new level of aggressiveness is realized with the downpipes.

I would definitely suggest them.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts