Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a query really - does anyone have a delivered A5 with the standard manual seats?

It's something I've mentioned in previous threads, but to recap, my dealer let slip at the time I ordered my car (mid October) that Audi were having problems with the manual seats and that all the cars they had delivered had the electric seats fitted, even if they weren't ordered.

Any further news? Has Audi sorted the problem? Any views on the manual seats - do they return to the previous seat position having been tilted forward? Easy to operate?

As I haven't seen a car with manual seats anywhere, I'd be interested in anyone's opinion of them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I ordered manual sports seats & got manual seats,they do have electric lumbar adjustment though.They are very quick/easy to slide back/forward,mine do not return to the original position=it's not a problem.It is mostly the passenger seat that gets moved,to allow exit/entry to the rear.Had electric seat on my last car,found them painfully slow when letting people in/out.Happy with what I have:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
had my car since 1st september,i have manual spotrs seats and ive had no probs in 8000 miles ive covered.:)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered manual sports seats & got manual seats,they do have electric lumbar adjustment though.They are very quick/easy to slide back/forward,mine do not return to the original position=it's not a problem.It is mostly the passenger seat that gets moved,to allow exit/entry to the rear.Had electric seat on my last car,found them painfully slow when letting people in/out.Happy with what I have:)
Audilad,

Thanks for the pointers - it was one of my concerns when I was ordering, but I'm not sure I like the sound of the seat not going back to its original position after tilting forward - my dealer told me that this would work the same as the electric seats, just with a manual action.

I also found the electric seats slow on the demo cars I drove, so think I'll be happy with manual seats (assuming that's what I'll get!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Electric Seats

I took advice and didn't order electric seats after reading thread...ordered car Sept 16th. Chuffed when I got car 12 days ago it HAS electric seats! Yippee saved some money!.:cool:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took advice and didn't order electric seats after reading thread...ordered car Sept 16th. Chuffed when I got car 12 days ago it HAS electric seats! Yippee saved some money!.:cool:
Great, lucky you and poor Audi!

As I've said, not too fussed either way, but it's always nice to get a £600 option for nothing! I'll let you know what my car turns up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts