Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm researching dealerships right now trying to decide who in the area has the quickest allocation available. While I'm checking around, I'm noticing that some of the interest rates seem unusually high compared to domestic manufacturers. Is that an import thing, or a high-demand thing? Has anyone been able to get close to the zero % or 0.9% that some of the Ford/GM dealerships are offering right now?

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's an import thing, especially an Audi thing. Remember that any time a manufacturer's credit-lending division offers a rate lower than the normal bank average for an auto loan, it's being heavily subsidized by the manufacturer. GM can offer 0% interest not because the money is really free, but because they've found it desireable to pay your interest so you will buy a car. Don't worry, though, it's still built into the sticker price.

Your best bet is to shop around and use banks as leverage off each other. They want your loan, and someone will come up with the lowest rate for you. Or even better, do your comparison shopping, get your best rate, and tell your dealer's finance person. They'll try to beat it through their own connections, and you may come out with a great rate. Most likely, the best rate will not come from AFS (Audi financial services).

In my case, I shopped around, but ended up getting the best rate from the local credit union I'm already a member of. 3.95% is my rate. It's not less than 1, but still very good for a loan with no gimmicks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave!! I know that I can't get anything low out here in NJ, so I'm just waiting until I move back to Ohio before I pull the trigger (economy in the Midwest should help me get a better rate).

On a side-note, I'm still talking to White-Allen, but they only get 3 A5 allocations per year and I just missed one. The big boys in Columbus seem to have allocations out the wazoo, and even a few sitting on the lot! I would love to stay in Dayton, but if the guys in Columbus can get me a car much quicker I might have to do it. I'll let you know when I make the call!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just talked to Steph at W-A the other day, and she said to send someone her way if they wanted an A5. They just got an allocation, and as of Tuesday, it wasn't spoken for. She said it had to be Tiptronic, but everything else was configurable. Then again, they should be able to trade with another dealer if they really want to. My allocation was originally an auto, but my dealer swapped with another for a manual.

Saying you just missed one, perhaps W-A's allocation got snapped up in just the last couple of days. Bummer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually that's the allocation I'm assuming I'll miss. If I take that allocation and place the order right now, the car will be delivered before I move. While that would be sweet, I'd have to make the down payment and a few months of payments before my new job starts (which would not be sweet). I still might take it, but I hadn't planned on moving this soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.