Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
hi guys...recently i checked out the facelift a5 (2012 model year make 2011) at a dealer, but the mmi seems using the old button/ previous button layout and all digits light in red, supposedly white..
at selling price of a brand new recon a5, is really expensive if they just reface the model like at freddles..

a bit confuse here..maybe owner of new a5 can confirm on this? :)..

as i know the all face lifted audis should have the new MMI with 4 buttons instead of the regular 8 . I m pretty confused actually. Flat bottom steering is an option. I have attached the photos below

Also if you know of someone in audi you can pass them the chassis number . I got some details which was build date , mileage , last service , what was changed and even name of mechanic that attendant to the car. And this was in UK

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes Sepang is right. FL A5's will have 4 button MMI and a refreshed MMI user interface, with the interior dash lighting, electric steering, suspension and drive select updates. Also comes with auto start/stop function now. FL A5's have slightly better gas mileage vs. pre-FL engine for engine based on published Audi specs, probably from all these updates.

What is happening is that many shops here are doing the FL conversion. The only thing which can't be coded after the FL conversion is how the brake light functions at the rear from what I was told. But to most folk the difference between a FL retrofit and FL rear brake light behaviour is not noticeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow finally found myself a group of a5/s5 that actually 'exist' hehe. Im soon to be an audi s5 v8 owner probably in few weeks time. Perhaps we could have a tt after eid?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
welcome wangan , congrats on your new ride.

Yes we should have a TT soon . I can meet with you guys but i am car-less at the moment. Still awaiting my SB FL due to arrive in the next month or so . Kinda of miss the rumble of the v8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vodka,sepang: thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Sepang: no worries, when we have our TT, u r welcome to play with our v8 :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
MTM is certainly expensive. I do know alot of GIAC ones running around. I think IMOLA motorsports in ampang is the dealer if i am not mistaken. Are you planning on it ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, after almost 4 years waiting, ive finally ordered a 2012 s5 sport back phantom black+ black optic/red black interior stuffed with the highest spec available...now have to wait for 2-3months that starting to feel like 2-3 years!!! Can't wait to join ur tt if theres any:))

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
hi congrats on your ride ! is it a facelift ? dont worry you will feel at its longest in the final two weeks. I waited since feb for the car to finally roll out in august

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi congrats on your ride ! is it a facelift ? dont worry you will feel at its longest in the final two weeks. I waited since feb for the car to finally roll out in august
thnks sepang...n yes its a facelift...its been 2 days since order and felt like longest wknd ever..dunno can survive the rest of 3-4 months...haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys...since there's been quite a number of new members in CAM of a late, a much needed TT is calling...

Venue : Kayu Original, Aman Suria.
Date : 31st Oct 2012
Time : 930pm onwards ...

Coming list :

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alrite guys...just try to come if possible...wanna get the members here to be active again...as everyone seems to be in 'hibernating' mode....

anyway need directions etc....can buzz or whatsapp me at 0146655514...

81 - 100 of 121 Posts