Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
not exactly Malaysia, but i'm from Brunei. Which part of Malaysia you at? welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello there , I m in KL , i see alot on the road daily here. How is it there ? tax free right?

·
Registered
185 Posts
last i counted there was like 12 a5's in the whole country, so you don't really see em on the road that often. Except maybe mine. I'm starting to think i drive mine the most out of all the a5 owners here.

Yea, there was no tax when i bought it. There are rumors flying around though that the govt wants to introduce some kind of emissions tax or engine size tax or sumthing like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lucky you for the moment , here they impose crazy road tax & import duty for our cars. Its cheaper in sabah & sarawak

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Welcome,

I lived in Penang before I moved to Taiwan. I used to see a few A5 on the island. On a more recent trip down, I am beginning to see a few Sportsbacks as well.

But generally speaking, 5's are much less common in Asia as compared to 4's and 6's...which is a good thing!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi guys,

There are more and more a5 and s5's here now , plenty in singapore. The local audi club here isnt very active i guess.

Hgatomic: singapore is quite active as i browse their forums , if you do drive up drop me a pm.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am Malaysian but living in Brisbane, Australia currently. I do go back yearly and recent December I certainly noticed more Audis on the road with A4s the most commonly seen. Only seen one A5 to date in Damansara Jaya.

Needless to say that car prices in Malaysia are really crazy, I really respect those who are fortunate enough to own an Audi (or any other non-Proton car for that matter).

FYI, prices in Australia aren't that great either compared to the UK and US. We have some ridiculous Luxury Car Tax which jacks up the price a great deal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am from PJ. Mine should be delivered next week. Car should be arriving this weekend in Port Klang and should be at Euromobil by Tues/Weds next week. Looking forward to meet for A5/S5 ers!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts