Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
hiya,

from sydney here

hubby wants to get an s5 but i want him to wait for the auto. before seeing the s5 he had his eyes on an rs4.

the s5 from photos resembles a 335ci until you see them side by side in the flesh... s5 is a much bigger car.

s5 is awesome and sounds phenomenal. if i have a s5 criticism vs the 335ci, its the way it sits (too high). this is something that audi still havent mastered and bmw have always done well.

cheers,

julie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi...
I just ordered the third S5 in Perth. Won't get it until April 08 though!!
Phantom Black/Pearl Silver... would have bought a DSG version but looks like it is just a tiptronic so went for the manual.
Cheers...

·
Registered
37 Posts
JediJapser/Steve... I believe you might have taken delivery of yours by now... give us your feelings on how it feels compared to your other care etc.
Cheers,

·
Registered
67 Posts
yes finally!-have had it 24 hours-it hasn't passed 100 kms yet!!....weekend on the way so will pile on the k's for sure....playing it safe atm but its truly beautiful to drive-ive said before that I feel the transmission is brilliant, engine is proven, and most importantly the steering/feel is direct and responsive....it a big leap for Audi and very much in keeping with the RS4 handling despite an entirely different chassis-for the money compared to the RS4 i think its great value and no doubt you have seen it in real-life, its beautiful to look at and be in and makes the current RS4 look quite dated....you made a great choice..same colour combo as mine-personally i think the pearl silver is far more better looking than magna red as per Demo-much more striking/elegant......so far whils t driving people seem to be blown away with its looks....when in motion its looks amazing....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrat's .... my biggest issue with those pearl silver seats is how they'll wear and discolour... Yes, I loved the way it drove but the looks was probably the swaying decision for me... I was looking at an M3 until I saw the S5 in the flesh. Keep us informed as to how you're enjoying the weekend drive....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've just ordered an S5 to replace my 4year old 330ci. I look forward to reading the comments of not only those who've already got theirs but the reasons why others want one too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Colin,
I'd be interested to know what your delivery date is... I can't believe I have to wait 7 months for mine... I'm told there are very few being made available to the dealer ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
AUS5...You are not alone! I've been told April is the expected delivery date, though Brisbane Audi have told me customers are usually notified of the build date 3 to 4 weeks after the order is received by the factory so it may yet change! I will keep the forum posted. But I'm not that surprised really - cars sold in small numbers often have lengthy waiting lists, particularly if they are perceived as desirable! At least it's not as bad as an Aston - with a 2 year waiting list! I suppose this is one of the reasons why those who place their order before ever having driven one, or even just based on a pre-release photo are rewarded with an early delivery date but I could never buy a car without having driven one first. And certainly not when $140,000 + is involved!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was lucky to get the first customer car here in Kiwiland and what a great car its turned out to be. I use it as an everyday car and so far have put just under 5000KMs on the clock.

Only issue I have had is a fault with the intelligent key which means I had to actually put the key into the socket to start the car. Other than that it hasnt missed a beat.

Great to drive, very different handling than the RS4 was and the sound of it really gets peoples attention. Once the sound gets them then the looks take over. Great job Audi :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Kiwi...
How are your leather seats holding up... what colour do you have and are they wearing ok in your opnion?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, ordered my A5 last week at Audi Centre Perth. Too bad I have to wait till March 08 to get it.
Went for Phantom Black, Valcona Star Silver, Sport Seats, Sports Suspension, 19inch GMBH wheels, S line Exterior, Panoramic Sunroof, B&O sound, Seat Heating .... it's gonna be a long wait ....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi guys, ordered my A5 last week at Audi Centre Perth. Too bad I have to wait till March 08 to get it.
Went for Phantom Black, Valcona Star Silver, Sport Seats, Sports Suspension, 19inch GMBH wheels, S line Exterior, Panoramic Sunroof, B&O sound, Seat Heating .... it's gonna be a long wait ....

What version of the A5 did yo get?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, Just joined this site. Ordered a quartz grey/pearl silver S5. Have to wait until May 08, as I ordered tiptronic!!! It's gonna be a long long wait.

I was actually after a four door car and struggled to really find something that really excited me. Then I saw an S5 on the road....rest is history. I can live with two doors.

I've managed to tick every box on the options list, although reading the posts from o/s and it seems Drive Select could be an option too. Is this available on the aussie ordered cars? Anything else that's not on the dealer's options list I should know?

·
Registered
94 Posts
S508: there is one thing I nearly missed that's not obvious from the sales brochure and options list I was given. It's the choice of colour for the interior headlining. Check with your dealer - because otherwise I'm under the impression it will just arrive with the black headlining that most buyers apparently want and prefer anyway - so I've now been able to spec it with the silver grey option that's available. I only found out about this option from info someone gave on this website - so thanks to them, whoever it was!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Another Australian reporting in. Car arriving in June 08 fingers crossed.

Not any other South Australian's here it seems?

·
Registered
94 Posts
taniane - with a June delivery date I would be interested to know when you ordered your car and what your build date is.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts