Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else got a slightly rattly boot (trunk) floor?

:mad: I think is made of a piece of carpeted hardboard and seems to rattle against the black plastic screw down spare wheel tie.

·
Registered
907 Posts
No, the only rattle I've had is from the few remining coins that were left in my piggy bank after buying the S5!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You can hear a slight rattle from the boot from inside the car !!!??? Sure its not from the rear seats, thats a common noise on S5's ??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh no, Audis do not do rattles!!!! I do not want to hear this!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mine does !! The cheap 'fisher Price' plastic trim around the Nav screen creaks from time to time, if I press on it it creaks. Going to mention it next time its in with dealer. Really is a crap piece of trim by any standards. Oh and my rear seat rattles too .....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
the rattle which you have found, is it pink??? thats mine thanks for finding it, i threw it out my pram when i realised you can buy a S5 for £42k!!!!!!!! please return to sender :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can hear a slight rattle from the boot from inside the car !!!??? Sure its not from the rear seats, thats a common noise on S5's ??
I think you might be right - it could be the rear seat. Is this a recognised problem by Audi?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think you might be right - it could be the rear seat. Is this a recognised problem by Audi?
My supplying dealer has seen it before and several owners have mentioned the rear seat on this forum. The loan A5 I had recently did it too. As for a fix I don't know yet. But the noise can sound like its coming from the boot area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.