Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered my S5 last week and now can't wait until it gets here. Had an 01 clk55amg and then switched out to an A6 4.2 in 2005. I've been really impressed with the Audi but miss the power and sporty feel of the amg merc. I had it sent to renntech in 03 and had it turning close to 400hp with a intake/headwork/exhaust work and engine tuning. Never went the full blower route with the car. So I'm asking if anyone here has plans to do the MTM blower or has any experience with them as a company to deal with and what warranty issues I may have if any. Thanks all
ps the color combo I ordered was the Ocean blue with the napa silver interier. A change from my usual black on black LOL

·
Registered
275 Posts
So I just ordered my S5 last week and now can't wait until it gets here. Had an 01 clk55amg and then switched out to an A6 4.2 in 2005. I've been really impressed with the Audi but miss the power and sporty feel of the amg merc. I had it sent to renntech in 03 and had it turning close to 400hp with a intake/headwork/exhaust work and engine tuning. Never went the full blower route with the car. So I'm asking if anyone here has plans to do the MTM blower or has any experience with them as a company to deal with and what warranty issues I may have if any. Thanks all
ps the color combo I ordered was the Ocean blue with the napa silver interier. A change from my usual black on black LOL
I had a re-mapping done on a TT with them several years ago. I drove to their place neer Ingolstadt (I think it's only 10 miles away from the Audi headquarters and factory). They do a lot of serious stuff, and remapping is ony monkey business to them, nevertheless, they treated me well, but I didn't feel a huge gain in performance at the time. I think you get used to power very quickly, and if its 20-30 hp on a 220 hp+ car, the difference is negligeable.

The car never experienced any problems, so no complaints. I just wished <I had dyno'd the car before and after. THey had a four wheel drive dyno testing machine there at the time, capable of taking in up to 1000hp if I recall correctly.

I would think they are one of the more serious people out there, they work with all audis, new and used, some are factory delivered to them, and they do offer warranty on new cars they prep, and I think some of their work is TUV homologated, which is a proof of seriousness. However, this speaks for their work done out of the main hq, as the local distributors seem to always be very unconstant as far as quality and reliability..... ( some good and some poor out there)....

·
Registered
338 Posts
I used MTM products several years ago when I did my best to convert an A8 to an S8 before they were available in the states. As I recall some remapping, cat-back exhaust, intake air handling upgrade, lowered the car with different shocks and springs, different brakes, cables and rotors and was very pleased with the products using a shop out of Colorado and my dealer for installs. But on MTMs site with chip upgrade they don't report any HP gain so I'm not sure how much more this engine has to give. Like S5France said, I have been told that unless you get at least 10% HP improvement you are not likely to notice the difference making the money a bit of a factor IMO. Back then my dealer told me Audi would stand behing the car with MTM upgrades but I haven't checked about that recently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My reason for asking

I was thinking of going the full K500 blower route to bring the car to 500hp with the exhaust and brake package. I know this is going to be a 40k touch when all is said and done. basicaly an rs5 killer before it even arrives. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts