Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently waiting for an S5. My order was placed in Jan 2008 and no allocation is in sight (The allocations seem to be trickling in very slowly in Canada).

Since the RS5 is supposed to make its "official" debut at the Detroit Auto show in Jan. 2009, perhaps Audi is pushing up its production. I decided to get myself on an RS5 wait list at my dealer (I am first) just in case the long shot it gets introduced to North America sometime in 2009, I might consider taking the RS5 over the S5.

I knew more about the RS5 than the dealership, I'm wondering what other dealers in the US or other parts of the world are telling you and if they are starting wait lists yet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
$500 deposit for #1 spot
at my local dealer in Burlington, MA

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think Audi will improve the engine of the R8 before it releases a revision of the 5 that will beat it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
just talked to rusnak pasadena, they say they do not kknow ANYTHING about that car, they dont even know if it will come to US, neither do they know about the spec or the pricing.....haha
Yep, my name is on a waitlist, but due to the lack of info they didn't ask for a deposit; they'll call me and probably ask for one only when they can confirm it's availability.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yep, my name is on a waitlist, but due to the lack of info they didn't ask for a deposit; they'll call me and probably ask for one only when they can confirm it's availability.

That's nice of that dealer. I have $500 deposits at 2 dealership and they certainly didn't know a thing about the car but gladly took my money... Both are refundable deposits so as soon as I find out RS5 in US is a hype or priced outside of my range, I will just get my money back.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's because it isn't a car yet...

·
Registered
493 Posts
It sucks that the car will be available maybe around mid of 2010... they will show a facelift of the A5/S5 after they launch the RS5... like they did with the RS4...

·
Registered
470 Posts
it's like waiting for christmas (almost coming up you get the expression) you guys are building up hype and expecting and wanting this car wayy too early. it will at least be another 2-3 years before they start going into production if they even go into production.

·
Registered
160 Posts
it's like waiting for christmas (almost coming up you get the expression) you guys are building up hype and expecting and wanting this car wayy too early. it will at least be another 2-3 years before they start going into production if they even go into production.
who's your source? thats the longest I heard so far... the longest I heard was late next year and the earliest was spring 09... :confused:

·
Registered
178 Posts
who's your source? thats the longest I heard so far... the longest I heard was late next year and the earliest was spring 09... :confused:

Damn, me too! I always thought it would be some time in 09 as opposed to 10. Most credible sources have sited presence in late 08/early 09 at auto shows and production by spring. I think one way we can gauge this if the RS5 previews either at Geneva or Detroit auto show. If not, I guess it will be awhile.

If that were the case, I think I will consider a used 997TT or C4S in summer of 09. Anyone cross-shopping with Porsche 997s??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the car is offically being introduced at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan/09 according to Edmunds.com. We should know more by then

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn, me too! I always thought it would be some time in 09 as opposed to 10. Most credible sources have sited presence in late 08/early 09 at auto shows and production by spring. I think one way we can gauge this if the RS5 previews either at Geneva or Detroit auto show. If not, I guess it will be awhile.

If that were the case, I think I will consider a used 997TT or C4S in summer of 09. Anyone cross-shopping with Porsche 997s??
I will cross shop a used 997TT or C2S/C4S when the time comes. It is hard not to consider them in the $80K+ price range. Depending on the economy and the vaule of the P-Cars, they might be a better buy. Who knows? :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
You can never criticize a Porsche but when you're behind the wheel in an R/S5 you're going to feel like you having something substantial on your hands where the Porsche just feels small and basic. I don't mean 'basic' in an unsophisticated way, you just don't get the same luxury feeling as you do in the R/S5.

I guess you could say it comes down to preference of a GT vs a pure sports car.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.