Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning on getting it next week when my contract with t-mobile expires. does anybody have any experiences with the storm and the bluetooth in the car? does it pair well? thanx

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I had a play with one when I was looking for new phone last week and wasn't that impressed. I will admit that I have not used a Blackberry before but I found the software quite slow. There was also a review in one of our newspapers that said there were many bugs in the software and that some features just don't work. The screen with its tactile feedback will take a bit of getting used to as well.

I got a Sony Ericsson C905 instead and although I've yet to pair it with my A5, it works a treat in my MX-5 (Miata to our Yank cousins).

Of course, your mileage may vary :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a play with one when I was looking for new phone last week and wasn't that impressed. I will admit that I have not used a Blackberry before but I found the software quite slow. There was also a review in one of our newspapers that said there were many bugs in the software and that some features just don't work. The screen with its tactile feedback will take a bit of getting used to as well.

I got a Sony Ericsson C905 instead and although I've yet to pair it with my A5, it works a treat in my MX-5 (Miata to our Yank cousins).

Of course, your mileage may vary :)
i currently use a blackberry pearl so im very familiar with blackberry menus and functions. i played around with it at the store yesterday and really like the tactile feedback. didnt take me long to get used to at all. the phone was pretty slow but thats the case with most new smart phones and RIM should be releasing a firmware update pretty soon to fix the bugs. only thing im worried about is the bluetooth.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't have the Storm, but my BB 8310 works pretty flawlessly with the Bluetooth kit in my A5. Would hope that they haven't messed too much with the handset's software.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The Blackberry Storm interface and user experience lags far behind the iPhone. Everything runs very choppy. Seems like it was rushed to market. It's also very large and thick.
I looked and passed....

·
Registered
106 Posts
As soon as Voda deliver to the corporate market (hopefully due this week) I will have a shiny new Storm and will let you guys know how it pairs up with the car.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As soon as Voda deliver to the corporate market (hopefully due this week) I will have a shiny new Storm and will let you guys know how it pairs up with the car.
thanx rambo! do you know if they will be delivering it with the new firmware update? are you guys across the pond having the same "lag" issues that we have?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
planning on getting it next week when my contract with t-mobile expires. does anybody have any experiences with the storm and the bluetooth in the car? does it pair well? thanx
I'm in exactly the same position, my t-mob contract runs out at the end of December and I was also checking out the storm. I liked it a lot and it's way smaller than the iphone, much more pocket sized, the touch screen also works better too.

I will be switching over to the storm as soon as my contract runs out.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm in exactly the same position, my t-mob contract runs out at the end of December and I was also checking out the storm. I liked it a lot and it's way smaller than the iphone, much more pocket sized, the touch screen also works better too.

I will be switching over to the storm as soon as my contract runs out.

4.4” by 2.4” by 0.55”; 5.46 oz. - Blackberry Storm

4.3″ by 2.4″by 0.33″; 4.05 oz. - iPhone

I had both in my hands and the Storm is considerably larger.....:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm getting rid of my iPhone as it's not really intelligent enough when it comes to business. You can't sort emails, and you can't cut and paste, you can't type properly, and in the end it's more entertainment gizmo than business tool. So it's back to the people who know how to make a product work for business and corporate networks. Yes it's back to a Crackberry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the Blackberry Bold instead of the Storm. I like having an actual keyboard instead of the touchscreen. Had no problems linking the Bold to the car. It's a great phone and a better car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
<---- Looking for a cheap iPhone 3G!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've come to call it the "Shitstorm"
The Bold is a better Crackberry if I had to get one...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been using my BB Bold for 2 months now, before that I was using the I-phone 2G and I like my Bold way much more. I tried the Storm but dont really like it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
thanx rambo! do you know if they will be delivering it with the new firmware update? are you guys across the pond having the same "lag" issues that we have?
Don't know yet - will make sure I post the firmware revision when it arrives and I see how it goes with the car. The company I work for is a major Vodafone business reseller so I should be able to get my hands on the latest firmware if I have any problems - that's the theory anyway!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have been using my BB Bold for 2 months now, before that I was using the I-phone 2G and I like my Bold way much more. I tried the Storm but dont really like it.
I'm the other way round. I prefer my iPhone 2g to the Blackberry. I have both at the moment and I have the blackberry calls forwarded to the iPhone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Storm has arrived!!

After 3 delayed promises by Vodafone I arrived back in the office today after a couple of days down South to find my new phone waiting - write the morning off straight away!!! First impressions are good (apart from a slight problem that it doesn't like making calls somtimes to be fixed tomorrow with a new SIMM hopfully!!!) and significantly it works perfectly in the A5. Phone book, dialled numbers, missed calls and received calls all transfer as they should which is more that I ever got with the 8100. Only down side is the charger is micro/mini USB so my car adapter needs replacing now.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Firmware is 4.7.0.78 (Platform 4.0.0.98) What are the "lag" issues. So far seems OK if you give it a second or two to "wake up". Only thing I have noticed is if you switch from portrait to landscape straight after hitting new message it doesn't always draw the whole keyboard. Fix is to flip back portrait and then back again and it sorts itself. I'm sure there will be firmware updates over the next few months!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the blackberry bold since it came out, not had one problem pairing it to the car. Had a look a the storm but prefer the bold.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.