Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
placed an order for sprint blue/silver interior, then out of no where see quartz gray and now I'm thinking quartz gray/magma red. what do u guys think? I've seen the meteor gray/magma red and didn't feel like the color was for me but did love the red interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My dealer told me that the sprint blue cars are delayed? anybody else heard about it? seems weird :confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Took delivery of my black / silver S5 this week, love it.

I saw a meteor gray one before picking up mine, and wasn't too inspired - the gray was in between colors actually, too dark in my mind, but not quite black.

I think a daytona gray would be beautiful.

Other than that, quartz gray and other lighter colours suit the A5, but not the S5 - go dark, or flashy ( red, blue or black) that's just my opinion....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would have chosen Avus Silver had it been available (w/o additional cost) and Quartz Grey came in as one of my favorite choices. I think it would look great with a bright interior. I would say that is the key because the exterior color seems a bit conservative for this car. Meteor is a little blah to some but I think it presents a sort of masculine, aggressive look to the car and in the end, I chose it over Quartz.

Took delivery of my black / silver S5 this week, love it.

I saw a meteor gray one before picking up mine, and wasn't too inspired - the gray was in between colors actually, too dark in my mind, but not quite black.

I think a daytona gray would be beautiful.

Other than that, quartz gray and other lighter colours suit the A5, but not the S5 - go dark, or flashy ( red, blue or black) that's just my opinion....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Those night shots of Quartz are excellent. But I see the color all the time in my area on the B7 A4's. It's not bad... color is so personal -- all you get in forums is some people saying they love a certain color and others that hate it. You have to make up your own mind. Look at a LOT of pictures. Something usually speaks to you and you think, "that's me".

However, since we are all sharing our opinions here are mine. I think the S5 looks the hottest in Black, yet I won't order that color since it's more work to keep clean and swirl free and shows more wear after a year or two (potentially, depends where you live and your freeways, etc). I think Ibis white looks the worst. Everything else looks really good.

I personally love the Meteor Gray as it's dark gray but with hues of blue and green and I like Pearl paints. However my first choice would be Daytona. I'm not sure I want to spend the extra $2500 on it though like I did for Avus. My order is in for Meteor Gray, Pearl silver interior, stainless steel mesh inserts. It just feels like my style. But I know not everyone would like that and I'm totally fine with that!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Quartz Grey

Color is the hardest choice! I am seriously considering Quartz Grey after I saw the it on an S6 at the dealer - looks light and classy IMHO. The only thing that nags at me with all of these audi colors is that they look so much like all the other cars on the road.

I looked at Sprint blue and was dissapointed by the "toy-like" paint appearance and Brilliant Red was too flat. For red, I would rather go with Misano Red Pearl (like on the old RS6) , but for the S5 you have to pay $2500extra.

Anyway, if its Quartz grey then the interior has to be Magma Red!

Ordering S5 this week!:)
For now my 2000 S4 in Imola Yellow :eek:

·
Registered
64 Posts
placed an order for sprint blue/silver interior, then out of no where see quartz gray and now I'm thinking quartz gray/magma red. what do u guys think? I've seen the meteor gray/magma red and didn't feel like the color was for me but did love the red interior.

Right now I'm leaning towards Quartz/Magma. I wish there were more color choices but unless i see an S5 in a different color that knocks my socks off that's what it will be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts