1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
i think aps makes one but i dont know for sure

·
Registered
457 Posts
Haven't heard anything from GMG or GIAC, so I'm heading for Stasis in Sonoma at the end of the month =)

·
Registered
218 Posts
i think aps just reflashes? I was on their website a few days ago, I'm not positive though lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I am asking is...

By time its time for me to get my new car...its going to be either an S5 or a C63, the drop-off in power and torque is so large (454/443 to 354/325) that if I do go for the Audi I will chip it right away...hopefully going up to 380/360, but damn im thinking that merc engine is just too good to pass up

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hate mercedes... they are probably the worse german car ever built, but I would probably put vw/audi in second cause of all the problems I've had with them too...

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
What

Firstly the merc has no where near as much kudo (wow) factor as the S5.

Only last week I had my car re-mapped by APS. This had dramatically changed the feel and responsiveness of the car. The car now pulls through the whole rev range, and the engine most definately feels open. Stock it feels as if the engine was being forced to be tame....all the remap did was unleash the engine. It is something that cannot be described well - apart from having a dyno done to show facts and figures, but can only be experienced. Here in the UK there is a fairly large price difference between the merc and S5, but removing the cost factor I would go with the S5 ;-)

Hope this is of some help. If you do a search you will find a couple of reviews on the remaps done here in the UK, all of which I believe are very positive.

·
Registered
218 Posts
do we (people in the US) have to send our ecu's out to uk to get it reflashed by apr ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
do we (people in the US) have to send our ecu's out to uk to get it reflashed by apr ?
Quite possibly. Or you could drive 2+ hours to Danbury, CT and have "instant gratification" from FarnbacherLoles :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
What enhancements did they give you performance wise?

·
Registered
198 Posts
What enhancements did they give you performance wise?
See my earlier post above with a hyperlink to my AW post (includes beefore & after dyno runs).

·
Registered
384 Posts
An estimated 25 HP that INCLUDES a custom catback system is not worth the loss of a warranty IMO. You already get approx 18 HP from a better exhaust system.

Verdict: Not worth the risk/money.

·
Registered
457 Posts
All Stasis performance modifications are under factory + stasis warranty from what I understand.

·
Registered
218 Posts
he's talking about factory warranty but when you mod any car you lose warranty... I have seen that getting exhaust with 'downpipes' gives you 18 hp so how is getting tuned only giving you 7 hp more ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
he's talking about factory warranty but when you mod any car you lose warranty... I have seen that getting exhaust with 'downpipes' gives you 18 hp so how is getting tuned only giving you 7 hp more ?
And I responded as stating it is covered by both factory and Stasis. :cool:

·
Registered
384 Posts
And I responded as stating it is covered by both factory and Stasis. :cool:
I am referring to the person who used FarnbacherLoles. Not Stasis.

If I was to buy a Stasis S5 I'd use that extra money to buy an M3 and it would still be faster.

I already have mods that increase my performance without any ECU tuning. 50k miles isn't a big enough warranty either.

Still not worth it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Does anyone on this forum have Stasis enhancements on their S5?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.