Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any local Toronto A5/S5 owners, I have located a dealer with a VAG-COM cable at a cost of $359. Does anyone already own one they are willing to share so we can make those DRL and voice-command mods in Toronto?? I don't really want to spend the money on a new cable unless I have to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interested..

Hey,

I am picking up my A5 this weekend...I am in toronto.....What are the benefits...I will split the cost...

Let me know

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Omega - send me an email with your personal information so we can connect. I bought the cable today and already made some of the changes. We can negotiate to cover costs with at least one other A5 owner I know that is interesed as well

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ragazzi, send me an email so we can chat about details. I have purchased the cable last week ($400) and made the 4 changes already to my A5
- no more winking DRL
- voice activation turned on
- seat belt chime turned off
- windows controlled by key fob
I live in Etobicoke so not far for you to travel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you guys had success with your mods? I have a US S5 and live in Toronto. Can one of you help me with the modifications if the dealer won't do it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TorDoc, glad to help out. I have modified a number of A5/S5 owners already so you are welcome to join the gang. Send me an email with your contact info and we can schedule a date/time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Frank,

Do you have the black A5 that I occasionally see driving in the Kingsway/Islington area? Every time I see it, my wife says that I get a big smile on my face.

I may need your help when my car finally arrives...called the dealer today...hopefully Oct/Nov.

--I can't stand being soooooo patient!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
No one asked me about doing the vagcom mods in the Montreal area, yet I see many A5 with the "lazy eye" problem!

I'd be very happy to do the vagcom mods to anybody with the A5/S5 in the Montreal area!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Lugnuts, I live at Islington and Dixon so chances are YES, it's my black A5 scootin around that area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Frank, don't forget to email me those backup files.

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mmilani, welcome. I live in Etobicoke and have done about 6 other A5/S5 in Toronto. You are welcome to join the local chapter. Send me an email and we can work out details/times.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Done and done

Frank - thanks for doing the mods for me. I'm still trying to figure out the voice activation menu, and need to make sure that I don't roll down the windows and open the sunroof by mistake, but all is well.

Best thing for me is that I often leave the sunroof open, and then have to go back to the car, get inside, turn on the electronics, and close the roof. Now, I just hold the lock button from afar and the roof closes. Plus, my girlfriend doesn't tell me my front lights are busted when I have my signal on!

Kevin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Frank,

I too am very interested in the vag-com modifications that you've done. I saw a new A4 the other day and the DRL lights blinked on-off when he was signaling.

When I finally take delivery of my A5, i would be willing to pay for the use of the cable and your know-how. I'm not far from ya in the Toronto area.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts