Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has got/driven/seen an A5 Tiptronic in the UK yet? Sounds like they are starting to turn up in the US, but when I ordered mine a month ago I was told it wouldn't be available until at least June. Just wondering (and more impatient than I should be :D ) about what the Tip is like in a UK Spec A5?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I asked my dealer about tiptronic a couple of weeks ago and was told if I ordered now, delivery would be June. I also asked about S-Line for the UK. The salesman wasn't entirely sure, but reckoned it will be announced with the '09 model and available to order from July.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Genius Andy :) - hope they're holding to the delivery times, especially seeing some of the delivery delays elsewhere!
Hope your May date means mine will be about the same time :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys, Have you seen that the updated A5/S5 Price & Spec Guide is up on the Audi.co.uk site now, including the Tiptronic option on the 3.0TDi. Looks like it may give slightly better MPG than the Manual - can this be right?

Doesn't look like the Tiptronic comes with Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters, from the wording on the Price & Spec Guide...

My dealer has confirmed mine should be available early June, anyone actually driven a Tiptronic Diesel yet???

Cheers,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone actually seen/taken delivery of a UK 3.0TDI Tiptronic yet?

My dealer has confirmed mine should be available next week, just wanting to see if anyone else has one and what their experience has been: especially whether there is anything to look out for when taking delivery/running the car in with this gearbox.

Any insights greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi all - I joined the forum today to ask the same question so I'd be really interested to find out what others think to the 3.0 and Tiptronic combination. I took the 2.7 for a drive yesterday and was very impressed and nearly ordered but would prefer quattro. I initially hadn't considered the 3.0 as I believed on my mileage (35k per year) that it would not be financially viable but having looked at the specs on Audi website it nearly matches the 2.7 for consumption. Like others on the site I would prefer smoothness of dsg or cvt over tiptronic but can't have everything so would really like to hear your reports.

I would also appreciate if anyone knows of a dealer with a 3.0 tiptronic demonstrator as I would prefer to try first before ordering. Thanks

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome Sparks, Marmin.

Congrats on the car Sparks, hope the hand over goes smoothly, would be nice to see a little review of how you she drives, to help other members as I should imagine a lot of people will be looking to get this car.

Marmin, from what I've read the 3.0TDI seems to have just as good if not better MPG when compared to the 2.7. Have you asked the Norwich dealership when or if they will be getting a demo 3.0TDI tip?
Nice to seen another Norfolk member :D Dont see many A/S5's around my area, infact I've only seen about 4 or 5 on the roads.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Robb

I'll keep my eyes open for you flying up the A11 shortly (When's yours arriving or is that a sore point?)
For the 3.0 Tip demonstrator, Norwich estimate 5-6 weeks, King Lynn, Bury and Ipswich about 3 so I'll be casting my net further afield today. I'm happy to travel and/or order elsewhere and just getting impatient.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hey Marmin.

Hehe :D I've been really lucky with my A5 order, has been very smooth process really. Picking it up next friday (ordered last week in Feb) :D So I will be going for some long drives next weekend, British GT champs at snetterton on sunday too. Should be a good weekend for me :D

Yeh i was going to suggest the Kings Lynn and Ipswich dealers. Have you tried the manual 3.0? Its damn quick. With the ease of Tip i think you'll be ordering within days of the test drive, super smooth drive even in the manual. Good luck hunting one down.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi All

I wanted to bump this thread now that the first 3.0 Tdi Tips should be in the UK to see how people are rating them.

How are you getting on with them ? I ordered mine on the strength of the test drive in other models and now waiting but interested to know.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.