Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been browsing this site for a few months now and have yet to hear of anyone who has recieved a red s5. This is the colour I ordered and it would be great to see some members pics as I have yet to see one in the flesh.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have been browsing this site for a few months now and have yet to hear of anyone who has recieved a red s5. This is the colour I ordered and it would be great to see some members pics as I have yet to see one in the flesh.
I originally ordered red, but then changed to sprint blue. I think the red is hot. I also think that walking out of the dealership with a red S5 is like walking out with 2 speeding tickets in the glove box. (That's why I switched.) Anyway, the first S5s on the East Coast -- including the one at the NY Auto show last spring and the one that was in the NY Corporate Audi Showroom on Park Ave at the same time -- were brilliant red over silver. I'm pretty sure that there were some photos posted somewhere on the site over the summer. Also, there was a red S5 in the first Motor Trend review, which you might be able to find online. Finally, go to youtube, there are a bunch of video reviews of the S5, almost all of which incude video clips of a red S5.

·
Registered
493 Posts
This is not Brilliant red :) I think its Misanorot (from audi.de) :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ali, you can view some high quality pics of a red S5 here. I've also attached a few pics that I had run across a while back.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pictures guys.I noticed the s5 had red wing mirrors however the car still looks great.I have been unsure about my colour choice but these pics certainly do it justice.
Saj I am from Ayrshire

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think the name of the color should be Arrest Me Red

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
No, that's the problem. So hard to see these in person. I've only seen the Meteor over Magma in person thus far. Oh wait. I did see that Phantom Black S5 down my street last week...at night, unfortunately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi am collecting my red A5 on 2nd Jan with 19'' Wheels, its getting the windows tinted and a laser jammer fitted tomorrow (sorry, i mean garage door opener!)

There is a pic of it in my profile i took at the dealers as they have it in this few weeks.
I havent figured out how to attach pics to posts yet
I have my deposit down on the RS5

·
Registered
493 Posts
RS5? When will the RS5 be available ???

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi am collecting my red A5 on 2nd Jan with 19'' Wheels, its getting the windows tinted and a laser jammer fitted tomorrow (sorry, i mean garage door opener!)

There is a pic of it in my profile i took at the dealers as they have it in this few weeks.
I havent figured out how to attach pics to posts yet
I have my deposit down on the RS5
ICZ_15,

Far be it from me to tell you how to live your life/what or what not to fit to your car, but do be careful with that 'garage door opener'. The first successful conviction for using one as a jammer was in August this year - the guy got a £5000 fine, £1000 court costs and a 1 year driving ban. Would hate for this to happen to anyone from the A5_OC!

The details are here:
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/
and about half way down the page.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ali

I have a red S5 due at dealership mid January 08. Will take a couple of picks and send on. I not taking delivery until new reg Mar 08.

Bassbuttton

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Scratch,

I have distributed this product in Ireland for about 5 Years along with Road Angel and visit the manufacture in Holland twice a year, i understand where you are coming from, however i am putting the device in my car for the purpose of turning on automatic lights at my home, now the device is legal to fit to my car.
The guy in question (who i have had a 2 hour tel conversation with) said to the police he was not aware he got it fitted to his Range Rover (not being aware he got a £300 device fitted to his vehicle??) and he had no automatic lights or automatic garage door at home. Therefor the only puropse the court would look at it was that he has it fitted for the purpose of Jaming laser guns. I have an Lti 20-20 Laser gun for the purpose of testing the Road Angels (the only one in private ownership in the U.K) and the ROAD ANGEL works well :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi Scratch,

I have distributed this product in Ireland for about 5 Years along with Road Angel and visit the manufacture in Holland twice a year, i understand where you are coming from, however i am putting the device in my car for the purpose of turning on automatic lights at my home, now the device is legal to fit to my car.
The guy in question (who i have had a 2 hour tel conversation with) said to the police he was not aware he got it fitted to his Range Rover (not being aware he got a £300 device fitted to his vehicle??) and he had no automatic lights or automatic garage door at home. Therefor the only puropse the court would look at it was that he has it fitted for the purpose of Jaming laser guns. I have an Lti 20-20 Laser gun for the purpose of testing the Road Angels (the only one in private ownership in the U.K) and the ROAD ANGEL works well :)
Sounds like you're more clued up on this than me - I'm just a bit wary of the laser jammers though as the Police won't exactly take your side if you use it to avoid detection... Turning on lights or opening garage doors though seems a reasonable defence to me though.

Sounds like the guy who got prosecuted was a bit dumb really - I for one can't believe he paid £300 to the garage for something he didn't ask for, didn't want or else didn't notice that they'd charged him £300 for it! I would have queried that on any bill. Looks like the judge couldn't believe it either!:D

Don't suppose you're going to let on as to how you got hold of that laser gun or how much it was? eBay?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Scratch, you have a brand new car, yet you seem to be spending all your time in these forums! I think I would find every excuse to be out on the road. Unless, of course, it is snowing down in the South West!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts