Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I have just ordered a PB/Silver Tiptronic S5 :) and was wondering are there any pictures of what the gear lever and surround will look like
in the Tiptronic?I have Piano Black surround and trim ordered.

BTW, I think this is a great forum - a lot of goodwill and help available.

Just to clarify, I am wondring if it will look like this -

http://cars.about.com/od/audi/ig/2007-Audi-S8.--6b/2007-Audi-S8-interior.htm

or this -

http://cars.about.com/od/audi/ig/2007-Audi-S6.--6l/2007-Audi-S6-interior.htm

The S8 looks so much better.

S

·
Registered
750 Posts
I just drove a silver/black with the Tiptronic; it looks like the S6 picture

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I drove the s5, it was black silk nappa interior. The interior gear shift surround resembles the S6 pictured. (but better of course)...

C.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Which dealership has the S5 Tiptronic? Was this a demo?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Could someone with a tiptronic a5/s5 post up some pictures?
thanks
US spec A5 Tiptronic with paddle shifters can be seen here. (In the future, you can utilize the Search tool to find specific information you're seeking.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback ccompton.

·
Registered
315 Posts
He's just being nice and trying to keep you from getting banned. If you use too much bandwidth, the admin will ban your account.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thanks for the link, but what's wrong with asking for more pics? What's the concern here, using too much bandwidth or what?
Nothing is wrong with asking for pics. But, given that you had made only 2 posts at the time and have joined the forum fairly recently, it was apparent that you are a new member. And since you were requesting pics of a Tiptronic, I inferred that you (as a new member) may not have been aware that some Tiptronic pics already existed on the site. So, I was simply letting you know about the Search tool in case you were not aware of it ... again, since you are a new member. Just trying to help you out for future reference ... geez.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You people from Texas always causin' a ruckus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nothing is wrong with asking for pics. But, given that you had made only 2 posts at the time and have joined the forum fairly recently, it was apparent that you are a new member. And since you were requesting pics of a Tiptronic, I inferred that you (as a new member) may not have been aware that some Tiptronic pics already existed on the site. So, I was simply letting you know about the Search tool in case you were not aware of it ... again, since you are a new member. Just trying to help you out for future reference ... geez.
No problem TX, I do appreciate your help. :) I have been lurking around this site for quite a while and I may be new to this forum but I am not new to car forums in general ;)
Hook 'em Horns

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
U.S. spec Tiptronic S5

Snapped these pics today at a dealership. The gear lever on the center console is identical to the A5 Tiptronic gear lever, but the steering wheel paddle shifters on the S5 Tiptronic are silver instead of black (like they are on the A5 Tiptronic).

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
The gear lever on the center console is identical to the A5 Tiptronic gear lever, but the steering wheel paddle shifters on the S5 Tiptronic are silver instead of black (like they are on the A5 Tiptronic).
didn't know that... good to know cuz i thought that the black paddles didn't look that good....

thanks for the pics as usual TX... :D so ur dealership has an S5 tip sitting there?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Snapped these pics today at a dealership. The gear lever on the center console is identical to the A5 Tiptronic gear lever, but the steering wheel paddle shifters on the S5 Tiptronic are silver instead of black (like they are on the A5 Tiptronic).
Hey, what time were you at the stealership on lemon. I went by there around 330 and saw someone shooting some pics. I wonder if it was you. I was driving a lifted duramax truck with black wheels.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
thanks for the pics as usual TX... :D so ur dealership has an S5 tip sitting there?
No problem. Yeah, they just got it in this week. Don't really know any other details other than I heard that someone had put a deposit down on it this afternoon (after someone else had already backed out of theirs).

Hey, what time were you at the stealership on lemon. I went by there around 330 and saw someone shooting some pics. I wonder if it was you. I was driving a lifted duramax truck with black wheels.
Yep, that was probably me. I remember seeing the truck.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I love the way the tiptronic looks :) love the shifters :)
Do you guys know if the shifters are extra ordered or they are a standard option ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.