Thanks

#2 ·
This is the only one!

hahahahahaha.........

Try "Google"

#3 ·
#9 ·
#11 ·
Most of the other sites I have visited have too much of an American bias. That doesnt make me anti-US by they way. Its just that most of the others work on the assumption that everyone on the site is from the US. This one is a global site and in my opinion it works so much better for it.

#14 ·
I completely agree that the global nature of A5OC makes it superior to others, but this place also benefits from many active members who are technically astute. Funny, too, since several of the AudiWorld forums (TT, S4) are actually some of the richest Audi technical resources I've found. The AudiWorld A5 forum, however, is just nowhere near as valuable. Fourtitude is a ghost town, and Audizine has too many kiddies.

I will say, though - without question - that this forum software - vBulletin - is absolutely horrendous. The AudiWorld format - Kawf - has some limitations, but I find it to be infinitely more readable and usable. <commence flamewar>

#13 ·
OMG !!!! A5S5.com need a new spam filter/hack installing i think :)

#17 ·
I will say, though - without question - that this forum software - vBulletin - is absolutely horrendous. The AudiWorld format - Kawf - has some limitations, but I find it to be infinitely more readable and usable. <commence flamewar>
<flame on>

Audiworld threading is awful. Threads get lost and cease far too quickly and the mixed use of posts and topics to respond is a pain. As are signatures which are three pages long full of pictures which you get bored of seeing.

Vbulletin is much better. Although I would like a wider template as these thin versions look rather small on big widescreen monitors.
:)
<flame off>

Good bunch of people here as well. That always helps a forum.

#20 ·
#18 ·
vBulletin for Sure :thumbsup:

agree with DD.... a wider Template is very much needed along with the Car Sticker :thumbsup:

#19 · (Edited)
vBulletin is awful.

- It's not scannable; why do I need to read the ENTIRE contents of everyone's post just to scan a thread? Kawf allows you to scan the day's new threads, while your tracked threads. I can see everything that has occurred in a thread, all at once. I will never understand why people prefer to weed-through page, after page, after page of a long thread, simply to keep track.

-Kawf threads get lost and die too quickly? Not if you keep the thread tracked. If you care about the thread, track it; if you don't, why does it matter?

- I totally disagree that "the mixed use of posts [in Kawf] and topics to respond is a pain" - I think this is a key benefit of Kawf. You can spin-off side conversations - which is great - without forcing everyone to read the entire conversation. vBulletin makes you, again, weed through everything in order to find the on-topic posts.

- Kawf sigs too long? Just turn them off in the options. What's to prevent me from loading-in a large sig in vB - is there a limitation to the length of my sig (serious question)? Plus, as a counter, why must I see the avatar and all that white space in the lefthand column?

- vBulletin smilies and post icons? Kill me now. I know the internet sucks for conveying tone, but using these is worse.

- Look and feel? Totally subjective, but I feel like Kawf is relatively better than vBulletin.

- My computer tells me vB is more resource-intensive than Kawf. I think Kawf is more efficient (I could be wrong).

Two areas of improvement for Kawf would be 1) a filter to see the most active threads, threads with new posts today, etc., and 2) the ability to compress sub-threads in a page.

#21 ·
vBulletin is awful.

- It's not scannable; why do I need to read the ENTIRE contents of everyone's post just to scan a thread? Kawf allows you to scan the day's new threads, while your tracked threads. I can see everything that has occurred in a thread, all at once. I will never understand why people prefer to weed-through page, after page, after page of a long thread, simply to keep track. ..............
Ever tried clicking - Quick Links > Today's Posts :)

#23 ·
Have you tried changing view, Edit options , Thread Display Options, Thread display mode - Choose 'Threaded' this will give you the One line View + new Post Only here :)

#25 ·
An excellent suggestion, but I still find it to be awkward with that scroll window. Plus, I'd love that option for the main page... just like Audiworld.

#26 ·
Now that is a better Width vBulletin :thumbsup:

#27 ·
lol deano, A5S5.com such a random website! strange to think someone actually put time into making that. very odd.

Nice site rs6.com, especially like how simple and flat it feels.
Just read on there that the RS5 might be a twin turbo V8, think i'll have to order one if it is. Wish some official news would get announced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.