Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my S5 they told me that the price of Audi Care went up that morning and that they had "no choice" but to charge me the increased amount of 640 plus tax even though I bought the car 1/10. After checking the manual and realizing that it is just 4 oil changes and a cabin filter change, I decided I could handle it. Anybody else have the same stunt pulled on them? I was on the fence with the "no-brainer" Audi Care, but man, they really tried hard. I was told, "If you were buying the wheel insurance I could play with that number to compensate". After investigating the insurance they offered for wheels and tires I bailed on that as well. It was sold to me as a zero-deductible full replacement policy, but in reality it was a "repair the wheel. pro-rate the tire kind of deal".

Jeff_SC, I know you love my dealership, but they must respect you a lot more than me. I don't remember peeing in their cheerios, but boy, they sure thought I did. In the end, I wasn't impressed.

Love the car though, minus the lack of a convenient Switched 12V to hardwire the valentine 1.

·
Registered
483 Posts
When I picked up my S5 they told me that the price of Audi Care went up that morning and that they had "no choice" but to charge me the increased amount of 640 plus tax even though I bought the car 1/10. After checking the manual and realizing that it is just 4 oil changes and a cabin filter change, I decided I could handle it. Anybody else have the same stunt pulled on them? I was on the fence with the "no-brainer" Audi Care, but man, they really tried hard. I was told, "If you were buying the wheel insurance I could play with that number to compensate". After investigating the insurance they offered for wheels and tires I bailed on that as well. It was sold to me as a zero-deductible full replacement policy, but in reality it was a "repair the wheel. pro-rate the tire kind of deal".
#2jcb, would you please tell us what exactly does audi care includes aside from the "4 oil changes and a cabin filter change"? So it costs $640 plus tax? What is its coverage (e.g., 4 year 80K kms, etc.). The fact that BMW comes with 4 yr 80k no charge scheduled maintenance tells me that Audi should at least provide smth similar…

Thanks,

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Audi Care is a service plan and inlcudes the 4 services at 15k miles, 25k miles, 35k miles, and 45k miles as specified in the owners manual. They have a big long list, but pretty much, everything is checking this, checking that. Actual items that are changed are oil, oil filter, and cabin filter. I will have to grab the manual to make the full list. And at 9+ quarts of syntheic oil it won't be cheap either way, but I would rather do it myself, or support my local mechanic I trust, then give the money to Audi, especially given the dealer's attitude.

The first service at 5000 miles is included with the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got my dealer to throw it into the deal or I would need to think about it which in turn would delay me signing the papers until after Feb 29th. Needless to say, he threw it in - NICE!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same here, paid MSRP, so asked them to throw it in for free and they did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts