Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My only S5 sightings were around October/November 2007 here in Long Island, NY. After I saw about three of them, they just disappeared and mine seemed to be the only one around. I'm always on the lookout for another S5 but they just don't seem to exist anymore, not even any A5s either except for at dealers. Pretty sketchy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in Manhattan (I know, don't ask, I just want one of these so bad that I dont' care if I live in NYC), and I'm waiting for mine. Ordered it a week ago and they're saying I'll have it in 4-6 months. Hopefully I'll see you on the roads then.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i live in union square. i have a meteor/magma S5. have had it since march 1st. i've only seen 2 other S5s in the city. once in like dec, it was black. then once in mid march i saw another meteor/magma and actually checked the plate to make sure the garage guys werent driving my car around behind my back! :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
queens NYC here, I just order mine two weeks ago and was told 4 to 6 months aswell. The wait is killing me and coming on this forum everyday is not helping. I dont think I want to see another S5, I want it to be an exclusive car, unlike beamers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did u guys who are waiting order ur S5's from? Im in Queens as well and Im looking to order mine this week, since my lease on my current car is up on November. Should have it just in time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I live in queens. had my black a5 since march 6th. got it from biener audi out in great neck. seen about 4 s5's and 1 a5 in the city. i just took a cancelled deal because i couldnt wait 6 months for an s5. it was an impulse buy.

i go to detailing dynamics out in mineola (near roosevelt field mall) to buy my products and watch them at work. they do a great job with the cars but its real expensive. saw them detail a carerra4s and an rs4 the other week and it was amazing. learned a lot. great bunch of people there. they have a couple of ferrari's in the shop as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Westchester

I'm up in westchester. I have seen one S5 up here, and that was literally my first weekend out last December. Since then, I've seen a couple of A5s, a red one on the Saw Mill River Parkway with temp tags and a grey one in my hometown, in the last two weeks. But there are not a lot out there yet.

And, I guess as a result, I'm still getting an amazing number of oohs and ahhs in parking lots and thumbs up on the road.

Almost without fail, when I come back to my car in a parking lot, there are grease marks on the window, from hands and noses, I presume, of people staring inside.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i work up in westchester (purchase). im always running about in white plains, rye, greenwich and the ocassional trip to stamford. saw a black S5 on my way in to work today actually. saweeeeeet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in queens but I order my car at DCH audi in millburn NJ. Im stating to get nervous, I finally got around to calling my dealer (called him four times) to check on the status. The fifth time I call him someone finally picked up, sounded exactly like him but told me the dealer was out for a week. I hope he's not avoiding me because he couldnt get a allocation and just dont want to tell me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered mine from Town Motors in Engelwood, NJ. I've only been waiting a couple of weeks and my girlfriend is sick of me looking at these forums and talking about the car already (just wait until she gets to ride around in it and then she'll realize it was all worth it)!

It's going to be a long 4-6 months and I'm going to get really depressed if I find out it's longer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
im definitely interested in lowering the car and putting spacers on. only in the last couple of days have i noticed that the wheels not fitting the wheel arches is really bugging me. what do you think your shop charges for the springs and spacer install?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i live in union square. i have a meteor/magma S5. have had it since march 1st. i've only seen 2 other S5s in the city. once in like dec, it was black. then once in mid march i saw another meteor/magma and actually checked the plate to make sure the garage guys werent driving my car around behind my back! :eek:
Meteor gray/red seems to be a popular combo. The S5 I test drove and the ones that I happened to see at dealers are all of that color choice, along with mine, yours and those of many others in this forum.

·
Registered
61 Posts
im definitely interested in lowering the car and putting spacers on. only in the last couple of days have i noticed that the wheels not fitting the wheel arches is really bugging me. what do you think your shop charges for the springs and spacer install?
Im not surew what it charges for a spring install, my car is going in tomorrow for the coilover install while i'm in canada for the F1 Race. I'll let you know monday what the cost is, as for spacers, those are easy, i can do them for you ( i normally do my own work, but ive never done an audi coilover install so im bringing it in) all you need to figure out what sizes u want and and get the correct lug bolts for that size.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Spacers are easy, all u need to do is know what thickness you want, and then get the appropriate extended bolts, stock bolts are 14x1.5x27mm so if u want a 5mm spacer u need a 14x1.5x32mm bolt and so on.

As for the coilinstall price, my install was about 400ish but he gave me a discount cause ive taken my other car to him, i'd say 450ish is what he would charge you.

International Auto in Huntington on 25a
631-421-2000 ask for angelo...tell him Matt with the F430 and the S5 sent you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spacers are easy, all u need to do is know what thickness you want, and then get the appropriate extended bolts, stock bolts are 14x1.5x27mm so if u want a 5mm spacer u need a 14x1.5x32mm bolt and so on.

As for the coilinstall price, my install was about 400ish but he gave me a discount cause ive taken my other car to him, i'd say 450ish is what he would charge you.

International Auto in Huntington on 25a
631-421-2000 ask for angelo...tell him Matt with the F430 and the S5 sent you.
Do you own an F430 as well?

·
Registered
536 Posts
i work up in westchester (purchase). im always running about in white plains, rye, greenwich and the ocassional trip to stamford. saw a black S5 on my way in to work today actually. saweeeeeet.
Wow, thats is exactly the same for me, except I live in Purchase, and am always running around White Plains, Greenwich, Rye, and as you said, occasional trips to Stamford, lol. I have only see two A5s, and one S5 on the road (and I saw it yesterday on the way to the dealer to get the paperwork for my incoming S5, weird, lol).

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.