Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...

Looking for '09 S5 in the next few weeks... Can anyone make a dealer suggestion? Someone mentioned I should post this here...

Just mainly hoping to get one in the Socal area, and at MSRP... and the less I have to wait... the better :D

Just don't want to get screwed by the stealer on potential markups... Its been known that dealers in this area are asking for 5-10K+. Heck, one dealer in Beverly Hills recently posted a used S5 on ebay and the asking price was $85,000!!! (I think the post is still there right now too).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Audistic,

Welcome to the site. As I'm sure you've realized, there's a ton of great information here as well as incredibly helpful people who can advise you on just about anything regarding the A5/S5 (or at the very least point you in the right direction.) I just went through the whole process during the last 5 months of 2008. I've been the proud owner of a '09 S5 for the past 6 weeks and I couldn't be happier, both with the car and ultimately with my purchase experience.

After very extensive research about the car as well as the major LA Audi dealerships, I decided to make my purchase from Audi Downtown LA. I would recommend you do so as well, for numerous reasons. Simply put, I found their honesty and professionalism to be unparalleled amongst all the other dealerships in the area (specifically Audi Santa Monica/Beverly Hills/Keyes Audi/Circle Audi/Pacific Audi and Rusnak Audi.) I'm pretty sure that Downtown is the highest volume Audi dealership of all of these, and have the largest allotment of S5's if you were to place a new order.

For my car, from order to delivery took 3 months. In terms of negotiating a price, I made it aware initially that I would be unwilling to pay more than MSRP, and that was fine with them. In reality, I may have been able to bargain and get the price reduced further (especially because of the current economy), but I honestly felt MSRP was a fair price and was so pleased with the service that it wasn't worth it to me. As an aside, there is a survey that was created on this site a few months back which details how much recent SoCal buyers have paid for their vehicles, which you can search. If I remember correctly, about 80-90% paid MSRP.

The Audi Dowtown dealership is a very impressive place. It's a newly built complex that consists of a VW, Audi and Porsche dealership. Their presentation is top notch.

And lastly, if you're itching to get into an S5 ASAP, I believe they have about 4 of them onsite that you could buy today if you were so inclined. Their website is pretty nice and the inventory is updated frequently. I've included the link below. Hope that helps, and good luck with your purchase.

S+S=5

http://www.audidowntownla.com/new_inventory.htm?reset=InventoryListing

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S+S: Thank you for your help! That's exactly the kind of response I was hoping for. Yes I should be ready after a few more weeks... I'm hoping to slap a healthier deposit when I buy... just trying to be patient.

As for A of Downtown, their website's pretty convenient with the inventory listings etc... but their prices seem inflated, but as long as you're saying the haggle factor is there, that's good to hear. Can you PM me a sales rep if you can recommend one?

Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey there!

Thought I'd chime in on this as well since I'm in the LA area as well (Pasadena).

My S5 is on order and also through Audi of Downtown LA. I've also done a thorough search of the dealers in the area (often teasing them with test drives as I wait for mine to be delivered) and I was very impressed with this location. The salesperson I dealt with (via Internet sales) was excellent - low pressure and professional. I can share his name if you're interested. I've found that many of the other dealerships (especially Keyes and The Auto Gallery in the Valley) really put on this 'oh this car is so rare and selling for at least $10K above MSRP' show. It's way too 'salesy' for my liking - especially when I really think buyers have a little more power right now.

Anyway, back to Downtown Audi, prior to order, I also made it crystal clear how much my monthly payment needs to be so as to avoid any issues once I'm ready to take delivery. I can confidently say that we're on the same page, which is reassuring.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the road soon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Auto Gallery

Future S5er...

I don't recommend the Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills because I had a bad experience with them but if you're in a rush, they do have a few S5's on the lot right now.

They do have the dreaded "market adjustment" added on...when I stopped by a few days ago, I basically told the sales rep he's insane if he thinks he's getting market adjustment in this economy and that this same stunt cost them a deal (bought my A5 in Arizona). Upon mentioning that, the sales rep lightened up and said they can "work on the price."

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sundevilmike,

You're absolutely right. I certainly wouldn't recommend The Auto Gallery either - they do have a few on the lot, but have that ridiculous market adjustment.

I was actually suggesting to Audistic that Audi of Downtown LA is the way to go. Mine is actually already on order (from Audi of Downtown) - should be arriving with the next few months.

Can't wait.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Audi DTLA

S5er...

So I assume you got them to waive the "market adjustment" at Audi DTLA? They too were completely adamant about the markup (and were even higher than Auto Gallery back in August)...their website just pisses me off in general because it actually says MSRP then it says SALE PRICE and its like $10K higher!

The audacity...

Anyway, sounds like it worked out for you...congrats, I know you'll enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Sundevilmike,

Well, once mine arrives I'll be working out the final numbers, but per my initial discussion with the salesguy (and per the order details which he emailed me), MSRP is what I'll be paying. In fact, when we were working out rough numbers at the dealership, he was calculating costs based on MSRP. This was in early December, so perhaps things changed since August.

I guess I'll know for sure once the car comes in and I actually have to sit there and deal with it all - hopefully it goes smoothly and as per plan. We'll see.

Future S5'er.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You should try the Santa Barbara auto group. They have a quite a few A5's (think they are mostly S-Lines). I'm not sure if they have any S5's, I'm sure some are coming in though. They do not mark up at all. They also have an R8, if you really want some fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New to this forum and a proud new owner of a A5.

Bought my car from Rusnak Audi in Westlake through Internet Sales. I found the guy to be courtesy and very professional. I believe we made a very fair deal all the way round.

I got my A5 for 500.00 below MSRP (no 5,000 markup) plus I had Audi Care a 650.00 value thrown in for free.

You guys say that Rusnak was not a good dealership did you mean the one in Pasadena or Westlake Village, or did you mean both?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
To Audi of Downtown LA.

As you can see in the history of this thread about a month ago I started actively shopping for this car. Their sales team is not aggressive, and won't sell you something you don't need or want... Part of it was dumb luck because I got my car so quickly, but regardless they made it happen. :cheers:

Overall my experience with them was great... Definitely give them a call if you're in the market. PM me if you'd like contact information.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did not like Rusnak of Pasadena, the sales people (to me) were rude, maybe beause I'm a girl? Who knows...And I kept getting passed on to some other salesman. Not very cool considering he won't be getting my sales :) He did, however, let me test-drive one. A lot of dealers around will not let you test drive an S5 unless you plan on buying it right then and there, maybe again because I'm a girl? who knows...

Needless to say though, I ordered my S5 through McKenna Audi in Norwalk!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did not like Rusnak of Pasadena, the sales people (to me) were rude, maybe beause I'm a girl? Who knows...And I kept getting passed on to some other salesman. Not very cool considering he won't be getting my sales :) He did, however, let me test-drive one. A lot of dealers around will not let you test drive an S5 unless you plan on buying it right then and there, maybe again because I'm a girl? who knows...

Needless to say though, I ordered my S5 through McKenna Audi in Norwalk!
Just wonderin... did you order through Nick? They should have had a nice black on tuscan one @ Mckenna... It was difficult but I passed on that one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just wonderin... did you order through Nick? They should have had a nice black on tuscan one @ Mckenna... It was difficult but I passed on that one.
Yes, it is Nick. He's a great guy. How do you know him?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Almost bought their display but went through Downtown LA because they had a better match with what I was looking for... Great guy though... Spoke with him on the phone.

March 12 is right around the corner.. you'll love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try a broker...

I placed an order for my A5 July of 08 and finally picked up my car on Sept. 08. I actually went through a broker called Cartelligent and I had a very pleasant experience with them as far as the ordering and delivery process goes. They have a fee of $500 for doing the paperwork from start to finish (which includes registering the car) and I only paid maybe $500 above MSRP. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of haggling with a dealership, then I would suggest you give them a call. The only thing I would HIGHLY suggest is that you know to the T what you want as far as options when you place and order through the broker rep. I dealt with a girl named Jaime from Cartelligent and I thought she did a great job. Unfortunatley, she did not inform me that the Bi-Xenon/HED light were not standard and I took delivery of an A5 that was missing an integral part of its design. Sufficed to say, I was very ticked off when I realized that the lights were not on there. Anyway, just be sure you know EXACTLY what options you want. Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree with Mckenna, but I got a better price at Pacific Audi, in Torrance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Contact me. I am a broker and will get you the car below MSRP.

I just bought an A5 Cab for myself.

Link is in my signature.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts