Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there's any meet out here. Also curious about experience with modding and detailing. Anyone you've worked with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey! If you want to get to know more people locally I would check audizine.com as its userbase is more North American as opposed to a5oc.com (mostly UK i think?). I like this forum however because they have a dedicated RS5 forum.

I don't know about detailing and mods but I know that for tint and getting the car 3M wrapped I would go to European auto tinting in Edmonton.

Oh that is awesome! I'm glad there'll be a minor tweak in difference. Build is supposed to be lined up for week 8. Not had the date confirmed yet. Just cleared the, congrats on the purchase hurdle.

Southgate Audi? They mentioned they had an RS5 for a while, but was sold so I didn't get a chance at it. However, I've watched hours and hours of video, and the chaps here that own one are clear. I take it the test drive blew you away then? :)

I posted in the Canada forum about meeting other 5 owners in Edmonton. Would be great to meet up with you and whoever else is around. Good to exchange notes and experiences around the local shops that do a good job.

And there I was thinking I'd have a rarity in Edmonton. Now there'll be two of us makin some NOISE!
That's awesome! I actually placed the order in September the car should be getting built in the first week of Feb. I asked them to push it back as much as possible as I want the car to arrive in Spring as opposed to the nasty winter.

Yup, at Southgate Audi. Yeah they had a Suzuka grey that I got to test drive. I actually own a B8 S4 right now so I wasn't expecting the RS5 to blow me away due to its lower torque numbers but I was really impressed. The car's totally a beast and can't even be compared to the S4. Who helped you at Southgate?

Haha you'll still have a rarity. As far as I'm told, they only had 7 RS5s come in for MY13 and 8 for MY14. And of the MY14 cars mine was the only Sepang blue before you ordered :p Yeah, we should definitely get together once the cars come in and have a photoshoot or something. Would be really cool!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! If you want to get to know more people locally I would check audizine.com as its userbase is more North American as opposed to a5oc.com (mostly UK i think?). I like this forum however because they have a dedicated RS5 forum.

I don't know about detailing and mods but I know that for tint and getting the car 3M wrapped I would go to European auto tinting in Edmonton.

That's awesome! I actually placed the order in September the car should be getting built in the first week of Feb. I asked them to push it back as much as possible as I want the car to arrive in Spring as opposed to the nasty winter.

Yup, at Southgate Audi. Yeah they had a Suzuka grey that I got to test drive. I actually own a B8 S4 right now so I wasn't expecting the RS5 to blow me away due to its lower torque numbers but I was really impressed. The car's totally a beast and can't even be compared to the S4. Who helped you at Southgate?

Haha you'll still have a rarity. As far as I'm told, they only had 7 RS5s come in for MY13 and 8 for MY14. And of the MY14 cars mine was the only Sepang blue before you ordered :p Yeah, we should definitely get together once the cars come in and have a photoshoot or something. Would be really cool!
Great tip on audizine. Will check that out.

Gord helped me. He was the one who suggested Beaufort actually, and when he showed me the sample I was sold. An extra 1k but class and unique.

Deal on the get together.

I'm contemplating auto obsessed for detailing. I liked autobahn performance for their responses on tuning, and Eurasia as well. Got a good quote on remote starter install, and he will install my dashcam at the same time.

Looking forward to your pics on arrival :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great tip on audizine. Will check that out.

Gord helped me. He was the one who suggested Beaufort actually, and when he showed me the sample I was sold. An extra 1k but class and unique.

Deal on the get together.

I'm contemplating auto obsessed for detailing. I liked autobahn performance for their responses on tuning, and Eurasia as well. Got a good quote on remote starter install, and he will install my dashcam at the same time.

Looking forward to your pics on arrival :)
That sounds awesome. I was actually looking to ship an RS5 from Vancouver that had the Beaufort trim and it looked very unique indeed in the pictures. I'm just a really big sucker for carbon fiber so I definitely had no second thoughts about getting carbon fiber trim on the car that I ordered.

I've seen some of auto obsessed's work for detailing and it really seems like they do great work. I don't know if you're familiar with 780tuners.com but auto obsessed usually posts some of their work on the forum and it seems really good.

I usually keep my cars stock so I'm not sure about the performance shops but let me know which shop you choose for your dashcam. It seems like a good idea.

Only a few more months til the cars come!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm from edmonton! I have used Wheels plus for
My springs, spacers and exhaust. Todd was great to work with!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Edmonton S5 owner here, welcome to the club.

check out Garage Works,
i was happy when they did the starter for my subaru, unhappy when i found out visions does the audis. the day i went there after dark their signs were all burnt out making it look part of value village next door

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wanted to hijack this thread for a quick question. Any of you folks had an issue with Southgate Audi in Edmonton refusing to clear component protection on a car? I am upgrading my MMI but the service rep said they are not allowed to clear protection for security reasons...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wanted to hijack this thread for a quick question. Any of you folks had an issue with Southgate Audi in Edmonton refusing to clear component protection on a car? I am upgrading my MMI but the service rep said they are not allowed to clear protection for security reasons...
Not sure why you want to clear component protection. Is it necessary in order to upgrade the MMI?
The only information I could find on this topic was here: Audi-Resource - Component Protection
Not sure who you talk to at Southgate Audi but Terry has always been a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure why you want to clear component protection. Is it necessary in order to upgrade the MMI?
The only information I could find on this topic was here: Audi-Resource - Component Protection
Not sure who you talk to at Southgate Audi but Terry has always been a pleasure to deal with.

Yes when you swap out to the new MMI module component protection is activated. The good news is I actually talked to Terry and he understood what I am doing and I believe it is resolved on their end now. Looks like I just interacted with one bad apple over at Southgate. She just didn't understand what I was talking about and assumed that I am trying to install a "stolen unit"...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just ordered a '14 S5 - I'm up in Airdrie :)

Dealing with Royal Oak Audi in Calgary. Been great so far!
i was going to buy from Royal Oak Audi after a sour experience from Southgate Audi. Talked a young asian guy over the phone, he was really nice and knew his stuff.

In the end i stayed with southgate Audi after hearing the potential of poor service if a brand new car isnt bought from them. Got in touch with a sales person who knew his stuff so it worked out i suppose.

Wish there was another Audi Dealership in Edmonton

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my S5 from Glenmore Audi, and the wife just bought her A4 from Royal Oak. Both have been really great so far. The one advantage RO used to have is that they offered Stasis through their shop, before they went under...
Just FYI, there is another Audi service shop in Calgary that is a satellite of Glenmore Audi. It's just of McLeod if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, I'm also in Edmonton. Have a 2012 S5 with the tiptronic and V8.

Also have had mixed results with South-gate Audi, as I bought the car private and they've been 'ok' to deal with so far.

I did just get the AWE touring exhaust installed ... mother of god :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey guys, I'm also in Edmonton. Have a 2012 S5 with the tiptronic and V8.

Also have had mixed results with South-gate Audi, as I bought the car private and they've been 'ok' to deal with so far.

I did just get the AWE touring exhaust installed ... mother of god :)
nice! welcome to the club

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Has anybody in Calgary/Edmonton had the GIAC XPlus (Stage 1) reflash done? Having some big issues here -
How did that work out? Has it been worked out?

Catching up I can see that there are a few of us in edmonton. I didn't get the exact rs5 I expected, but I'm very happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys I just bought an S5 Cab from Southgate, would be interested to hear your opinions. I have a 2012 S4 I'm going to sell shortly.

D

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm in edmonton as well,
what fb groups are you guys a part of for the most part? i'd love to hit up some meets with fellow audi owners.
I'm in Auto Creations mostly, we meet on sundays generally.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts