Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I order in Dec 08, and still another 3 months to wait. It is really killing me :wall:
Can't understand how can Audi make their customer wait this long

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I order in Dec 08, and still another 3 months to wait. It is really killing me :wall:
Can't understand how can Audi make their customer wait this long

lol, it'll soon pass and be worth the wait. What did you order anyway ?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats! What part of the world are you in? Please be sure to update your profile to display your location.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Know the feeling - ordered A5 3.0 tdi 3rd January, and at least 3 to 4 more weeks to wait... going mad! hopefully wont have any "unforeseen delays" on top...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from Sydney Australia, profile updated.
Ordered A5 3.0TDI Quattro, Aruba Blue, S-Line, Sunroof, Sport Seat, B&O, AMI

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"unforeseen delay"... lol, it already happenned. They told me delivery was March/April when I ordered. Guess what, now they estimate completion date of week 12 + 10 weeks shipment on top, ie June :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anybody knows how Audi are dealing with drop in sales/credit crunch? Their UK sales figures were actually holding up quite well year on year in the uk in Nov/Dec (-10% or so, compared to 30% down for comparable brands), but the January figures are putting them back with the rest at 30/35% down compared to same month last year. I guess they must be starting to close some of their manufacturing facilities for periods of time, etc. to reduce their costs like everybody else seems to these days.

Cannot be good for delivery date.. :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealership called this morning - after I emailed complaining they were not keeping me up to date. Car will be ready for collection sunday next week (1st march)!

So Happy! :banana_1: Can't wait!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrad! :cheers:
How long have you waited for?

·
Registered
12 Posts
2 months exactly - not too bad in the end. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes - was quite pleased with that...

·
Registered
12 Posts
got it!

That's it! I got my A5 this afternoon - the dealership opened specially today to do deliveries (first day for new 09 plates in the UK). Had to wait a bit (previous appointment running late), but got my car ca. 13:00 this afternoon. So happy! :banana_1:

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's it! I got my A5 this afternoon - the dealership opened specially today to do deliveries (first day for new 09 plates in the UK). Had to wait a bit (previous appointment running late), but got my car ca. 13:00 this afternoon. So happy! :banana_1:
Out of interest what build week did you have? I'm 10/11 which means I'm due sometime in March hopefully...

·
Registered
12 Posts
not too sure, I'm afraid - but I put the order in on 3rd January if that helps...

·
Registered
253 Posts
not too sure, I'm afraid - but I put the order in on 3rd January if that helps...
Lucky. Placed mine on 11/26 and still have 2-3 months more to go :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, you lucky ...... I ordered on 4 Dec and still waiting. Another 2-3 moths to go :wall:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Gang,

I'm new to A5OC. I've been a member of Audizine and Audi Forums since 2003 (B6 platform subforum).

I ordered mine 30/10 and still waiting. Prolly 1-2 more months. This is really frustrating. At least I still have my modded A4 1.8T Sportec K04 Stage II to play with :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ordered mid-december.
To be built next week.
Then it takes about 5 weeks to arrive here.
Gettin' closer :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts