Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has now happened like 4 or 5 times -- when I see an A5 or S5 on the freeway and it's convenient to do so, I try to wave or thumbs up or something, but the A5 guys throw on this hard-ass look and just keep looking straight ahead. Even Porsche and BMW guys tend to share a wave to a fellow enthusiast, even though from a different brand, but these A5 guys in SoCal, sheesh, they're just confirming the Clarkson generalization about Audi drivers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Maybe they are jealous of your mods and the aggressive stance with the new wheels and springs...:D

Looks awesome, BTW! I haven't had anything but thumbs up and stares (in a good way). Nobody has had a bad thing to say except my jealous neighbors that are having to live vicariously thorugh me...

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's actually a mystery to me...

The handful of A5 drivers I've bumped into on the highway drive like cocks in the beginning, but the minute I approach them from behind and pull up beside them, they suddenly tone their cockiness down and just sit back behind my car...no more weaving in and out, or changing lanes without signaling etc.

It's weird to be honest. Then there was that one time a black A5, went rev-happy at a light right before the highway onramp, and wanted to race me?

*shrugs*

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
This has now happened like 4 or 5 times -- when I see an A5 or S5 on the freeway and it's convenient to do so, I try to wave or thumbs up or something, but the A5 guys throw on this hard-ass look and just keep looking straight ahead. Even Porsche and BMW guys tend to share a wave to a fellow enthusiast, even though from a different brand, but these A5 guys in SoCal, sheesh, they're just confirming the Clarkson generalization about Audi drivers.
At least they are not waving 'cocks' around.... Happy Christmas, enjoy the Turkey folks (or nut roast!) :eek:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It's actually a mystery to me...

The handful of A5 drivers I've bumped into on the highway drive like cocks in the beginning, but the minute I approach them from behind and pull up beside them, they suddenly tone their cockiness down and just sit back behind my car...no more weaving in and out, or changing lanes without signaling etc.

It's weird to be honest. Then there was that one time a black A5, went rev-happy at a light right before the highway onramp, and wanted to race me?

*shrugs*
Maybe they know you secretly have a man crush on them and don't want to make eye contact with you. ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That's why I never wave to any A/S5 owners unless they do it first. I have seen several let's just say not very "cool" owners. All of them were trying to look bad a$$. You know, with bold hair, fancy clothes. Interesting fact is that all of them had white 5's.

On the other hand I have dark tint and it is not good feeling to look at the car "without" seeing the driver.

And as also another member mentioned here, I keep seeing owners that drive like dorks. Way too aggressive and fast. That destroys general public approach to A/S5's and their owners.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lol... i haven't seen another A5/S5 on the road yet... however.. all the other audi drivers wave.. and I wave back!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well...

It IS L.A. brother. Everyone's an a$$ and "better" than their fellow brother.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It IS L.A. brother. Everyone's an a$$ and "better" than their fellow brother.
In L.A. if you don't drive a modified exotic you're a nobody. So, I hope those S5 owners down south don't develop a sense of entitlement with their crummy S5s, it's embarrassing.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I'm happy being a nobody...;-)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've only seen one S5 driver up close. Gave him a thumbs up and no responds =\

Well....it was 2 in the morning so I'll let it pass. Next time....they better wave back!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I always flash my high beams at an oncoming A5 and never get any love back :/

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I wave at my neighbour when he's walking to work, he waves his banana at me. Is this symbolic??? ( I really don't understand this thread!!??)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lol... i haven't seen another A5/S5 on the road yet... however.. all the other audi drivers wave.. and I wave back!
The A5/S5 I saw was going so fast I didn't have time to wave.
All I saw was shock wave on the T.R. bridge. So if your in this forum, HI.:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha...
John G, you really have a great sense of humor.
Next time I see you on the road will probably read you a poetry..., while you're there.
Happy New Year Pal !!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wave at my neighbour when he's walking to work, he waves his banana at me. Is this symbolic??? ( I really don't understand this thread!!??)

is "banana" a metaphor for "weiner"? If so, that would be ok.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In L.A. if you don't drive a modified exotic you're a nobody. So, I hope those S5 owners down south don't develop a sense of entitlement with their crummy S5s, it's embarrassing.
Haha yeah I was hoping the A5/S5 owners would be as geeky about being chummy with fellow -5 drivers as Supra guys are, but it looks like Clarkson may have been correct.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts