Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not to threadjack, but reading the title reminded me...anyone else get like 10 seperate new car survey requests with a dollar bill in each?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What the heck is that - comfort insole?
that's like a Dr. Scholl's insert - you know the cushion part that are inside your shoes? It's a marketing gift. Funny thing is that it came packaged like one of those "Tree" air fresheners. Someone's got a sick sense of humor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't wait to check my mail.

I assume you are also awaiting Audi's generous offer to actually build a car as well.

Does it have the same teasing language as last time, like "Soon you'll be feeling the power of the 4.2 V8 in your S5." - and by "soon" Audi means like... Soon your kids will be in college. Soon you'll be retiring. Soon the sun will supernova.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't wait to check my mail.

I assume you are also awaiting Audi's generous offer to actually build a car as well.

Does it have the same teasing language as last time, like "Soon you'll be feeling the power of the 4.2 V8 in your S5." - and by "soon" Audi means like... Soon your kids will be in college. Soon you'll be retiring. Soon the sun will supernova.
Actually, my car arrived in the port of San Diego (got my email from my dealer today). They may have it at the dealership (2 hours away) by this weekend.

This communication mailer actually says something to the effect of "soon, you will be driving/this is for your foot to step on" - something like that. I guess only those who got their S5's shipped will be getting these...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Manual Tranny?

Well congrats - I won't jinx you with my Q7/Port story.

I didn't really think you meant it was literally an insole. I thought it might have been a foam rubber marketing piece that had the look and feel of insole material. That is truly a bizarre marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At Least 10 surveys

I never knew there were so many survey companies out there. I filled out J.D Power...they are the gold standard as far I know. and I filled out one more that arrived about the same time...but then, they kept coming. I stopped filling them out. It would be interesting to know what use they are put to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually, my car arrived in the port of San Diego (got my email from my dealer today). They may have it at the dealership (2 hours away) by this weekend.

This communication mailer actually says something to the effect of "soon, you will be driving/this is for your foot to step on" - something like that. I guess only those who got their S5's shipped will be getting these...
was your car loaded 3/3?

My car was supposed to hit port on 3/24 but no answer from my dealer yet. Just curious if my car is on the same ship as yours.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not to threadjack, but reading the title reminded me...anyone else get like 10 seperate new car survey requests with a dollar bill in each?
yea I have received a bunch as well and filled them out for a bit but man they are long even for a dollar. Yesterday got one from JDPowers more about what I like in life and a lot of income questions--came with a $5.00 bill which gave me a twinge of guilt when I pocketed the money and trashed the 10+ page form.:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Manual Tranny?

Well congrats - I won't jinx you with my Q7/Port story.

I didn't really think you meant it was literally an insole. I thought it might have been a foam rubber marketing piece that had the look and feel of insole material. That is truly a bizarre marketing gimmick.
Manual tranny. It WAS an actual foam rubber insole - I should take a picture when I get a chance. NOBODY else got one??? what the???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
was your car loaded 3/3?

My car was supposed to hit port on 3/24 but no answer from my dealer yet. Just curious if my car is on the same ship as yours.
Nicko - yes, it was on ship 3/3 - you and I are brothers waiting for our cars to get their green card. I'd say to get it off the ship to the carrier by Friday/Monday latest. I'll have mine by next weekend for sure - you may be at most a week later... good luck, bro.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nicko - yes, it was on ship 3/3 - you and I are brothers waiting for our cars to get their green card. I'd say to get it off the ship to the carrier by Friday/Monday latest. I'll have mine by next weekend for sure - you may be at most a week later... good luck, bro.
I really do hate waiting, but thanks for the update. Knowing its on land now makes me feel a whole lot better :)

Got my parts waiting in the garage for the car along with all my new detailing supplies. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just got my "insole" today in the mail, I guess my car has been shipped !
Am I going to be te first one to get a Tip S5 in the US ? !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nobody other than me and Paxton got the insole? I may just keep that in the wrapper and sell it on eBay 20 years from now! LOL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts