Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just want to say hello.

I’m a new forum member from the west coast of Sweden. I got my A5 3.0 TDI S-line September 26 after a long wait since my order in March. I have now driven the car about 7500 km and I’m very satisfied, no problems so far. My previous car was a 2005 S4 but I must say I’m very impressed by the diesel engine and the torque, for not mentioning the fuel consumption.

My car spec:
- A5 3.0 TDI
- S-line interior pack
- S-line exterior pack (in Sweden we have two S-line packages…)
- Ice silver metallic
- Parking system plus (front and rear)
- Cruise control
- Driver’s information system in colour (yes, it’s an option in Sweden)
- Front centre arm rest (standard in Sweden)
- Panoramic sun roof
- Air conditioning plus (3 zones)
- Interior light pack (standard in Sweden)
- Heated front seats (standard in Sweden, due to the cold?)
- Concert radio
- B&O sound system
- Parking heater (love it!)
- Electric seats (not ordered, got them for free due to known reasons)
- Hill-hold assist
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror (with rain and light sensor)
- Through-load facility with ski bag
- Anti-theft device
- Advanced key
- Storage pack (actually two options in Sweden)

Low quality picture taken with my phone is attached.

Best regards, S4toA5

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
S4toA5,
Welcome from another member who made the same switch - mine was a 2003 S4 (one of the first 4.2 V8 ones built - ordered Sep 02, first UK deliveries 1 May 03, mine delivered 10 May 03, before the dealer's demonstrator:) ) and I've just got my A5 3.0 TDi Quattro Sport. We don't get any S-Line options at the moment, but I think the car looks good without it as well as with.

Interesting what was standard for you in Sweden. I got the manual seats, but at the time I ordered my car the dealer told me there was a problem with them, so I could have got electric for free, but it didn't work out.

Think I got the auto wipers free though - can't find any mention of them in the pricing brochure other than as part of the comfort pack, but my car came with them. Undecided on how good they are as yet.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Car looks great! Congrats and welcome! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
A4toS5

Welcome...and congrats on the car! I agree silver is always a classic color.....and also easy to maintain. ;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Welcome!

I do like the silver, looks great! ... I don't think people in the UK are ordering many silver A5s because all the brochure photos are in silver and it has been such a popular colour here for a few years now that I think people are trying to find something different! But it really does show off the A5 lines well. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome S4toA5

Car looks great, and S-Line details really suit it.

Interesting to see that as a previous S4 driver, you were impressed enough with the A5 3.0 TDi to make the switch. I am a die-hard petrolhead, but I have seen so many good things said about the A5 3.0 TDi, I must test it for myself :D

I have noticed the diesel is selling very well here in Switzerland. I have a habit of tracking them on the web, and they are gone much sooner than the S5s. Can you really have 500Nm of torque and efficiency too? Seems so.

Also, I notice you have the sunroof too. Sunroof is always on my "must have" list for my cars. I like the airy roomy feel that it gives the cabin (even when closed). What are your thoughts on the roof so far ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bryce, be careful with the sunroof, at least in Switzerland. When I ordered my car early November, my vendor said there would be at least 6 month delays in production if I took the sunroof (and that's why I didn't take it). Maybe the problem has been solved meanwhile, but I just wanted to warn you ;)

(ps. not coming from the S4 but from a 3.0 fuel Quattro cabrio and I also went the diesel way... better performance, less pollution... I'll tell you in a few weeks if I regret my choice or not)

Edit : and welcome S4toA5 ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks Wismie

Maybe Audi are trying to work out how to make the roof slide :) and not only tilt :( . Now that would be cool.

A good sprinkle of "Vorsprung Durch Technik" could sort it I'm sure.

Roll-on Wednesday. Shiny new car, fresh from the dealer, with that "new car" smell :D

A day off on Wed perhaps ? Hmmmmm..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brycemcintosh, I don’t have that much experience with the sun roof yet. I have only opened it a few times so far, remember that I’m from Sweden and got my car late in September. However, I like the light and, as you say, the airy roomy feel it gives the cabin, especially since I have the obligatory black interior due to the S-line. Another positive thing is that it is so large, much bigger than the one I had on my previous S4. I haven’t noticed any wind noise or any other negative aspects so far but I haven’t compared with an A5/S5 without the sun roof so I cannot really judge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.