Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this bulb? Does it light up? Mine doesn't. I dont have the tech pkg...
Is it part of that?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's called a "city light" and is only found on European spec cars (as far as I'm aware). U.S. spec cars get a gray color "dummy" plug in that spot, and it does not light up.

On the Euro spec cars, those lights are used to alert other drivers when your car is parked at night on a narrow road for instance. By using the indicator lever, you choose which side of the car to light up.

Please update your profile to reflect your location. Answers to questions like these depend upon which country a car was built for.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks TX you are the answer man. I just noticed this on my car yesterday, and was befuddled by it.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
You can find a full description of how we could use this light in the UK and perhaps other parts of Europe by looking here.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Is it possible to install a bulb in the U.S. spec lights & have these lights work?
I'm pretty sure some rewiring would be required, as I don't think the "dummy" plug on the US spec headlights has a positive lead wire going to it. So, you'd need to tap into the positive lead going to the amber side light. But, these are just assumptions on my part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts